Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pes Planus/ Plantar Fasciitis

Rate this question

Whodat

Question

Have anyone in the Hadit family had Plantar fasciitis rated separately from Pes Planus? 

This question had probably been asked before but I can not seem to find that post. 

I am asking because I am rated at 50% for pes planus, and Plantar Fasciitis together. My feet are in bad shape. By reading, I should be 50 for Pes Planus and 30 for Plantar Fasciitis. 

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Mine are rated the same. I think they are inextricably intertwined meaning they can't be separated. 

I applied for Achilles' tendinitis as well and they said it was inextricably intertwined with the pes planus and plantar fasciitis. 

I started with right foot plantar fasciitis, regards my feet and ankles.

-bilateral plantar fasciitis (claimed as left foot plantar fasciitis as secondary to right foot plantar fasciitis, and previously rated as right foot plantar fasciitis)10%

-left ankle achilles tendonitis and degenerative arthritis (previously claimed as left ankle pain)10%

-degenerative arthritis, right ankle 10%

The above is from my list of disabilities.  FWIW, I started with right foot plantar facsiitis at 10%.  I then claimed my left secondary to my right and got 10% bilateral, LOL.  Then I went with degenerative arthritis secondary to the right foot plantar facsiitis.

Over time,

Carl

I do not have flat feet..

Yeah. Thanks. But maybe it's best for me to stop chasing the honey and leave the beehive alone. VA will use their formulas to separate it but the end results will be the same. 

On 9/14/2022 at 12:39 AM, Carl the Engineer said:

I started with right foot plantar fasciitis, regards my feet and ankles.

-bilateral plantar fasciitis (claimed as left foot plantar fasciitis as secondary to right foot plantar fasciitis, and previously rated as right foot plantar fasciitis)10%

-left ankle achilles tendonitis and degenerative arthritis (previously claimed as left ankle pain)10%

-degenerative arthritis, right ankle 10%

The above is from my list of disabilities.  FWIW, I started with right foot plantar facsiitis at 10%.  I then claimed my left secondary to my right and got 10% bilateral, LOL.  Then I went with degenerative arthritis secondary to the right foot plantar facsiitis.

Over time,

Carl

I do not have flat feet..

You do not have to have flat feet to develop plantar fasciitis. High arches, overuse, overstretching can cause it too. 

I must be missing something here. I do understand that you don't have to have flat feet to develop plantar fasciitis. That wasn't my question.