Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Agent Orange Exposure?

Rate this question

HME69-71

Question

I was with the Hawk Missile Support Element @ ASCOM Depot August 69-March 71. I was also on a detail late 1970 somewhere up at the Z clearing out a camp that was vacated I forget if it was by  the 2nd or 7th Division that returned to CONUS. How can I find out if I was exposed to Agent Orange or any other hazardous/toxic chemicals/agents? I took infrequent trips to Kimpo Air Base and once a trip via UN train down to Pusan and back. I was also at Camp Humphreys for two weeks the summer of 1982 (?). Thank you in advance for any/all answers or support provided. I’m new at this so I have no strategy as to how or what to do next. Thank you again. 

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi HME69-71 Welcome to Hadit You have to get evidence where you were and the location has to be in or near the DMZ and/or proof that AO was used there. ASCOM Depot isn't close enough. I believe that Kimpo AF Base is next to Seoul, so that wouldn't be close enough to the DMZ either. If you can't prove exposure then you can't win presumptive. If you were exposed to other chemicals, like working on  a flight line exposed to fuels and chemicals on a daily basis would be an example, but that isn't a AO presumptive disease. You would have to prove not only the exposure but evidense that the chemicals cause the disability.  What disability have you been diagnosed for?