Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Final Official Cue And Nod

Rate this question

RockyA1911

Question

Hey all, this stuff sure wasn't easy, but from the help I got from all of you I got it done, and I think it is done right. If you read the CUE and the NOD you will see a lot of your inputs.

Thanks, we had at least a good full squad of folks here working on this.

If you catch any errors that are devastating to the claims, please jump in, so I can send in amendments if necessary.

CUE_13_Mar_2007.doc

NOD_5_March_2007.doc

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

WELL Worded and Well written !

I get it right away-

it is an interesting position you took-

Let's say they try to deny the CUE saying the claim was never final- well- that gets the retro anyhow-when they finally award the older claim.

If they say the claim was denied based on their failure to do it right it 1977- the CUE will cover that prong of CUE---final unappealed decision-

If they deny the CUE and don't address the NOD right-

I would suggest that you ask them to CUE themselves----

but I will have to look at how I got that ploy to work and come up with something there for you to use.

That is one more avenue to consider to get this right.

I think it all makes sense and I too copy and paste their own regs into stuff- Very nice touch-

I think maybe it intimidates some raters to see that we too know their regs and M21-1 etc- but this makes it easy for them-

Good Luck- and lets hope this gets to someone at VA who is fully literate.

I read it fast-will re-read later if I missed something- gotten shut down- a big storm is coming-

• HadIt.com Elder

Rocky

I got a decision on my CUE dated 3-14-2007 via the American Legion. I don't know what the decision was so far. I called the VA and they would not tell me. I think they decided two out of three claims and are sending me for a C&P on the third claims. I called AL and they have not called back. Your CUE and NOD look good. Now you just have to file them and begin the waiting game. It took about 7 months for my CUE to be decided. All the evidence is in your record already as I understand the nature of a CUE so they just have to look at it again.