VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Volunteer Positions

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

Volunteers.png

If you are inclined to volunteer, let me know if any of this looks interesting or if you have something in mind. If you can, great if you can't, no hard feelings.

Do you have time to fill any volunteer needs?

• Content Creator - You need ideas and knowledge to share and a spark of creativity. On top of that, you need to enjoy learning and have the patience and fortitude to keep going.
  • Yes, other skills can help. If you plan on producing written content, then being a great writer helps. If you are putting out a podcast, the audio editing experience is advantageous. But, production skills can be learned or hired out.
  • Truly, anyone with content to share and a willingness to learn along the way can become a successful content creator.
  • Some Items You Will Create (We will show you how to find content and provide the tools you will need)
  • Newsletters - We will show you how to gather stories and how to create the newsletter and send it out
  • Blog Content - Either by yourself or with a research and graphics person, create new content for the hadit.com site 
  • Podcasts We have content ideas, but we will need support
  • YouTube Videos We have content ideas, but we will need support
  • Social Media Post content to Social Media we will show you how to find content to post and how to create a graphic to go with the post, hashtags, and mentions. We will provide any tools you need and don't have.
  • Community Content - Reading the community boards, topics will start to pop out at you that seem to be repeated. Take the initiative and write that post.
  • Copywriter - We have many posts already. But they need to be proofread and rewritten for clarity. Reference update, Check that the links work. Tweak the SEO and then send it to Social Media
  • Social Media Management Popular questions from the community, Posts from the blog. Items in the news related to veterans’ disabilities, compensation, benefits, etc.
  • Research
  • And any other skill or item you have you think would be useful and have time to help out.

I will likely volunteer mostly as Ive done in the past.  I really dont need the title of "moderator", but can fill in when needed.  I dont want, however, any liability issues for either advice I have given or the advice of others.  Everyone makes mistakes, and I sure make my share.  I dont want to be sued if people follow my advice and dont get the result they want.  In the past, if people did follow my advice, then they generally fared much better than than if they disregarded my advice.  I dont expect everyone to follow my advice, but, if you disregard it, dont blame me when it does not work out well for you.  

• HadIt.com Elder
1 hour ago, broncovet said:

I will likely volunteer mostly as Ive done in the past.  I really dont need the title of "moderator", but can fill in when needed.  I dont want, however, any liability issues for either advice I have given or the advice of others.  Everyone makes mistakes, and I sure make my share.  I dont want to be sued if people follow my advice and dont get the result they want.  In the past, if people did follow my advice, then they generally fared much better than than if they disregarded my advice.  I dont expect everyone to follow my advice, but, if you disregard it, dont blame me when it does not work out well for you.  

We will need a blanket disclaimer for everyone who gives advice on the site as we go forward.  No one wants to be sued for giving "legal advice." 

The disclaimer should read something like, "Advice on the site is from the veterans experience.  It is not to be taken as legal advice.  If you want legal advice ask if anyone knows an attorney who will take your case.  Everyone's' experience is different and veterans suffer from PTSD and other memory interference.  Do your own due diligence to verify the advice is worth taking."

To tell you the truth I haven’t been on this site for a long time now but saw that it was due to close down. I’m glad it’s continuing and I’d be happy to help in anyway possible.

After covid pretty much find myself unemployed so I have much time on my hands. 

Im pretty much a Jack of all trades within the IT field, with cyber security being my BA degree I was working on before covid.

Research and implementation was my bread and butter while at school and I can also help with what other needs that need attention

I am a supporter of this site and I'm grateful it will continue.  I work for the agency and have specialized in multiple roles in the claim process.  I am not an expert, but I do have extensive research skills in this subject matter and I specialize in the nuts and bolts described in the Manuals and the CFRs.  I would be happy to contribute periodic content, if desired. I am also open to suggestions about possible contributions.  I am 100% disabled Vet for over 20 years and any contributions I make will be in that context - not as an agency employee.

Best,

Phury