VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Volunteer Positions

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

Volunteers.png

If you are inclined to volunteer, let me know if any of this looks interesting or if you have something in mind. If you can, great if you can't, no hard feelings.

Do you have time to fill any volunteer needs?

• Content Creator - You need ideas and knowledge to share and a spark of creativity. On top of that, you need to enjoy learning and have the patience and fortitude to keep going.
  • Yes, other skills can help. If you plan on producing written content, then being a great writer helps. If you are putting out a podcast, the audio editing experience is advantageous. But, production skills can be learned or hired out.
  • Truly, anyone with content to share and a willingness to learn along the way can become a successful content creator.
  • Some Items You Will Create (We will show you how to find content and provide the tools you will need)
  • Newsletters - We will show you how to gather stories and how to create the newsletter and send it out
  • Blog Content - Either by yourself or with a research and graphics person, create new content for the hadit.com site 
  • Podcasts We have content ideas, but we will need support
  • YouTube Videos We have content ideas, but we will need support
  • Social Media Post content to Social Media we will show you how to find content to post and how to create a graphic to go with the post, hashtags, and mentions. We will provide any tools you need and don't have.
  • Community Content - Reading the community boards, topics will start to pop out at you that seem to be repeated. Take the initiative and write that post.
  • Copywriter - We have many posts already. But they need to be proofread and rewritten for clarity. Reference update, Check that the links work. Tweak the SEO and then send it to Social Media
  • Social Media Management Popular questions from the community, Posts from the blog. Items in the news related to veterans’ disabilities, compensation, benefits, etc.
  • Research
  • And any other skill or item you have you think would be useful and have time to help out.

On 12/6/2022 at 10:14 AM, Tbird said:

Volunteers.png

If you are inclined to volunteer, let me know if any of this looks interesting or if you have something in mind. If you can, great if you can't, no hard feelings.

Do you have time to fill any volunteer needs?

• Content Creator - You need ideas and knowledge to share and a spark of creativity. On top of that, you need to enjoy learning and have the patience and fortitude to keep going.
  • Yes, other skills can help. If you plan on producing written content, then being a great writer helps. If you are putting out a podcast, the audio editing experience is advantageous. But, production skills can be learned or hired out.
  • Truly, anyone with content to share and a willingness to learn along the way can become a successful content creator.
  • Some Items You Will Create (We will show you how to find content and provide the tools you will need)
  • Newsletters - We will show you how to gather stories and how to create the newsletter and send it out
  • Blog Content - Either by yourself or with a research and graphics person, create new content for the hadit.com site 
  • Podcasts We have content ideas, but we will need support
  • YouTube Videos We have content ideas, but we will need support
  • Social Media Post content to Social Media we will show you how to find content to post and how to create a graphic to go with the post, hashtags, and mentions. We will provide any tools you need and don't have.
  • Community Content - Reading the community boards, topics will start to pop out at you that seem to be repeated. Take the initiative and write that post.
  • Copywriter - We have many posts already. But they need to be proofread and rewritten for clarity. Reference update, Check that the links work. Tweak the SEO and then send it to Social Media
  • Social Media Management Popular questions from the community, Posts from the blog. Items in the news related to veterans’ disabilities, compensation, benefits, etc.
  • Research
  • And any other skill or item you have you think would be useful and have time to help out.

Hey T,

I've just got back on after being off for quite a while getting life things sorted out.  I'm a former Chief Technology Officer with decades of programming and technology experience.  I know own my own professional photography studio but would like to help out if I can find something that I would be able to do and fit into my schedule.  Let me know if you are still looking/need/want assistance.

Best,
Randy

Edited by RBrogen

In the past I have worked in IT, mostly regarding Operating Systems, Servers and Software Development. Among other things, I am a certified Linux System Admin and used to host my own website on my own servers (apache or httpd) on linux boxes. Also, I used to write in HTML and some embedded code in Javascript. It has been some time though, so I am kind of rusty. 

Let me know if I can be of any assistance. 

Sincerely, 
tk3000

Edited by tk3000

While I do have a background in IT, "it has passed me by".  When I need to figure out, for example,  how to turn up the sound up on my Iphone, I try to find a 13 year old, who does it immediately.    Still, no matter which phone I get, I can barely hear any of them.  I turn my to "speaker", and it helps some, but its not really adequate to fully hear or undertand most conversations, "especially" when the speaker has a high voice, such as a grandchild, or has a foreign accent, or if there is background noise.   That means I can rarely hear on the phones, most of the time. 

It should be a simple thing to turn up the sound, but no.  

I got a phone with close captions, but that doesnt work well either.