Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

EVSSHelpDesk?

Rate this question

Scottish_Knight

Question

Right then,

I just received a rather odd email from EVSSHELPDESK.  The email claims errors were found on my VA account and they corrected them.  I am requested to verify the corrections.

I have never heard of this 'help desk' and never discovered errors.  I googled this EVSS help desk and the only thing I found was on a website called GitHub.  It seems of a phishing scam.

What say you lot?  Is this legit or not?

Cheers!

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I would avoid it.

We have an internal helpdesk for internal VA applications but they don't contact veterans about errors. "VA account" is pretty vague and could mean a whole lot of things. If we needed you to correct something, like a dependent or an account routing we could contact you by Letter, MAYBE sometimes by phone, depending on what information is needed (like what body part, can't read name of dependent, etc). 

As for verification of information- usually WE verify the corrections base on what YOU send. Gender Identity, Name changes, etc. are all verified against existing recent evidence of record submitted by YOU. Sometimes I have changed an address in VBMS based on what is listed in Capri if the Capri (VAMC medical stuff) is more recent than the last communication from you.

This happens if we sent out a letter that was returned back to us. We have the ability, after some hoops, to contact your bank of record for current address information, or run a 'CLEAR' background search for  public information only. Certain letters are REQUIRED by law to be sent to the veteran and delivered- COD admin decisions, Decision Letters, stuff like that. If it gets bounced back we go into sleuth mode, and sometimes that might involve contacting the veteran by phone. Public Contact sometimes emails veterans, but Tech Support doesn't, and VSRs very rarely. I usually contact the VSO of record and let them do it. 

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

• Community Owner

I just got a phone call from who is reviewing my claim asking about the waiver I did on any new C & P Exams. Someone lower on the food chain was trying to deny it as a refusal to go to a C & P Exam. Someone got it an question it. To be honest it sounded like the person who did my higher level review.

Sure- but that is different than what Scottish is describing, I think. We (VSRs and raters) do call veterans sometimes if we need clarification of things- its faster than mailing and moves things along faster. Usually in your situation I make a claim level note that is read by the raters that points out the pvt DBQs. Whether or not they are 'complete' and answer all the questions with rationale isn't my lane, though. 

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

• Community Owner

My IMO was 14 pages an 3 DBQ's I am holding the one claim back that goes back to 1982 so it doesn't get thrown in with the rest. Do you think it was a scam or some kind of pushing to see I he would reply?

What I wrote has FA to do with a claim!  Here is the email:

Hello,

We’re contacting you 
from the EVSS Service Desk in regards to an issue you experienced using the VA.gov website in Case # 08473332.

Several data errors in your account were discovered and corrected, therefore we believe the issue is resolved and ask if you could please reattempt.

If you continue to experience this issue, or if you have any further questions, you can reply to us directly at Do not post your email address..   

Again, is EVSSHELPDESK a part of the VA?

Respectfully, 
Veterans Benefits Administration
The Insignia Team, EVSS

Scottish- did you contact  VA through an app or website at some point about an error you were experiencing, with VA.gov or Ebenefits? If so, that EVSS group would respond to you, in the context of whatever error you may have reported. Other than that, they don't just reach out to a veteran

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff