Jump to content
VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

 Ask Your VA Claims Question  

 Read Current Posts 

  Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

  • homepage-banner-2024-2.png

  • donate-be-a-hero.png

  • 0

Sinusitis - currently at 0% but has worsened

Rate this question


Hogfan1978

Question

Hi,

I was active duty from 2001 to 2008. I was given a SC of 0% for sinusitis back in 2016 based sinusitis being detected by x-ray only. I did not appeal the decision. This past year, I decided to start going to the doctor when my sinuses got bad instead of just toughing it out, in order to document the issues. I’m getting over a sinus infection now and was prescribed meds and antibiotics by my PCP last week. My med record from last week calls it “acute sinusitis”. 
 

My plan is to document the occurrences over the next year with my primary care physician.  Once I have those medical records documented of three or more non-incapacitating episodes, I can submit a claim for an increase….right?
 

Am I missing anything? Any other advice from fellow vets?
 

Edited by Hogfan1978
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0
  • Lead Moderator

there is no need to wait.  Go get them checked out and put in for the increase now.  The longer you wait the more they get to not compensate you.

At least do the intent to file and you have a year if you want, but if is worse than you just put in for it.  There is no timeline that I know of.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
16 minutes ago, shrekthetank1 said:

there is no need to wait.  Go get them checked out and put in for the increase now.  The longer you wait the more they get to not compensate you.

At least do the intent to file and you have a year if you want, but if is worse than you just put in for it.  There is no timeline that I know of.
 

Thanks!  But I don’t have the medical evidence yet proving that I meet the 10 or 30 percent just yet.  I figured I would need that first, before I filed the claim. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
  • Lead Moderator
Just now, Hogfan1978 said:
18 minutes ago, shrekthetank1 said:

there is no need to wait.  Go get them checked out and put in for the increase now.  The longer you wait the more they get to not compensate you.

At least do the intent to file and you have a year if you want, but if is worse than you just put in for it.  There is no timeline that I know of.
 

Thanks!  But I don’t have the medical evidence yet proving that I meet the 10 or 30 percent just yet.  I figured I would need that first, before I filed the claim. 

You don't need to have it now.  Just put the intent to file in and you have a year.  

Also, your Lay evidence helps a lot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use