Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sinusitis - currently at 0% but has worsened

Rate this question

Hogfan1978

Question

Hi,

I was active duty from 2001 to 2008. I was given a SC of 0% for sinusitis back in 2016 based sinusitis being detected by x-ray only. I did not appeal the decision. This past year, I decided to start going to the doctor when my sinuses got bad instead of just toughing it out, in order to document the issues. I’m getting over a sinus infection now and was prescribed meds and antibiotics by my PCP last week. My med record from last week calls it “acute sinusitis”. 

My plan is to document the occurrences over the next year with my primary care physician.  Once I have those medical records documented of three or more non-incapacitating episodes, I can submit a claim for an increase….right?

Am I missing anything? Any other advice from fellow vets?

Edited by Hogfan1978

• Adminstrator

there is no need to wait.  Go get them checked out and put in for the increase now.  The longer you wait the more they get to not compensate you.

At least do the intent to file and you have a year if you want, but if is worse than you just put in for it.  There is no timeline that I know of.  

16 minutes ago, shrekthetank1 said:

there is no need to wait.  Go get them checked out and put in for the increase now.  The longer you wait the more they get to not compensate you.

At least do the intent to file and you have a year if you want, but if is worse than you just put in for it.  There is no timeline that I know of.

Thanks!  But I don’t have the medical evidence yet proving that I meet the 10 or 30 percent just yet.  I figured I would need that first, before I filed the claim. 

• Adminstrator
Just now, Hogfan1978 said:
18 minutes ago, shrekthetank1 said:

Thanks!  But I don’t have the medical evidence yet proving that I meet the 10 or 30 percent just yet.  I figured I would need that first, before I filed the claim. 

You don't need to have it now.  Just put the intent to file in and you have a year.  

Also, your Lay evidence helps a lot