Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Service connection for High Blood Pressure

Rate this topic

john999

• HadIt.com Elder

I got my SC letter from the VA today for HBP due to AO exposure.  I got zero percent as I suspected.  That is ok since that is all I wanted since it did not mean more money.  Now if I have a stroke it will be SC'ed I hope.  Now I am SC for DMII, CAD and High Blood. All due to AO.  I would prefer not to be but such is life.  You really have to have very dangerous HBP to get more than zero!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations on the win! I'm SC for CAD also. I considered filing for HBP, but that pesky pyramiding rule...

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

• HadIt.com Elder

Vync

I got away with circumventing pyramiding rule due to PACT.  My HBP claim is due to AO exposure.  I did not think that CAD and HBP are the same disease, nor have the same causes.  I know all the big three (DMII, CAD and HBP) have impact on each other.  Vets who are married and have less than ten years at that rate should probably file on any health issue that could kill them even if you do only get 0% rating.  Service-connection is key IMO.  People in their 40's drop dead from HBP induced stroke.  

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use