Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I have SMC Special letter K and waiting for an additional claim for another missing append

Rate this question

ddm39142002

Question

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

You can have more than one K, for example one for being blind in one eye, and another for a loss of creative organ.  

"Other letters", can be obtained if you need Aid and Attendance (SMC L), or have loss of use of legs, feet, arms, hands, etc.  

You may well be eligible for SMC S (housebound).  Its about another $420 per month.  If you are "substantially confined to your home" and have a single 100 percent rating.  (including tdiu).  

SMC is very complex, many attorney's dont even completely get it, and VA employees dont either.  I have heard them tell Vets that 100 percent is "the max".  It isnt.  

You will likely have to have a c and p exam, and a doctor can document loss of use, housebound, need for aid and attendance, etc.  

You may get help from a VSO, but many have no clue with SMC.  I recommend you simply file for the maximum SMC.  Use this form.  https://www.va.gov/find-forms/about-form-21-526ez/

Or, for housebound or aid and attendance use this form:https://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/vba-21-2680-are.pdf

I would recommend filing out BOTH forms, especially if you think you deserve another SMC K for loss of use of a reproductive organ AND are housebound or need aid and attendance.  

List "loss of use", such as a reproductive organ, and/or any other loss of use, hands, eyes, feet, ears, etc.  

If denied, hadit volunteers may well help you to appeal.  

Ask for an "increase".  

Edited by broncovet