Jump to content
VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

 Ask Your VA Claims Question  

 Read Current Posts 

  Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

  • homepage-banner-2024-2.png

  • donate-be-a-hero.png

  • 0

Contact number for Evidence Intake Center in Janesvilles, WI

Rate this question

Mike Palomo


For survivors dependents of deceased veteran (dad) due, to Parkinson Disease that is presumptive conditions to Agent Orange/Mustard Gas.   What va form do I fill out to list my surviving siblings to file on behalf of our deceased dad. We had no knowledge, nor my mom or my dad to file for disability compensation to the VA prior for his passing away.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
  • Moderator

Mike, Welcome to hadit.  I moved this to a "new topic" so that more people will see it.  

You will likely need a "substitution of claimant" filled out:


This would enable yourself or other heirs to continue with your late fathers claim, and, perhaps, even win additional benefits including backpay.  Of course, I have not reviewed his file, so I cant opine whether or not this would apply to you.  

If neither he, nor his representative applied, its gonna be much harder.  

You can contact NVLSP to see if/what benefits you may be eligible for under the new pact act.  


You can also call them with questions.  NVLSP is non profit, and you wont be charged to ask them questions about your late father.  

You may also seek your OWN (attorney for Vets benefits ).  I recommend one of these on this extensive list:

(These are Attorneys familiar with Veterans benefit claims/appeals)



Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Thank you for your reply.  However,  I feel it is unethical for the VA / Federal Government to look the other way.  When it comes to knowingly and is totally aware of what toxic chemicals will have an impact on people’s health.      Not just my deceased dad but,  all of the other veterans who passed away from various health issues while on active duty or honorable discharged.  Later, having health issues presumptive, to Agent Orange, Mustard Gas, etc., Contaminated Water  (Freshwater, Salt Water, Drinking Water)an, Contaminated Soil from leaking Oil, and Fuel storage tanks.  Hawaii Oahu, Redhill (Fuel Leaking), South Korea (Agent Orange), Vietnam (Agent Orange), Guam (Agent Orange, Mustard Gas, etc.), Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune (Contaminated Water).  I’m sure there are other contaminated locations.  The places listed where veterans were stationed/worked at whether, or not have any knowledge of submitting claims to the VA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use