Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Supplemental Claim Question

Rate this question

Gboyington

Question

Hello,

My claim for Tinnitus was denied. I submitted a HLR and it was also denied. It has been over a year since the HLR was denied. I had given up the fight against the VA but recently decided to try again. If I obtain a nexus letter from an audiologist, is that considered "new and relevant evidence" to warrant the VA re-opening my case?

Thanks!

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Community Owner
46 minutes ago, Gboyington said:

I appreciate the input from all. I submitted my supplemental claim with my IMO nexus opinion from Dr. Erickson. While she worked for the VA doing hundreds of hearing/tinnitus C&P exams,  I expect the VA to deny my claim. 

Thank you!

They May surprise you. When you get a good IMO from a doc that has done more than one and has a good back ground that they can't challenge it may turn around. I did for me on five SC issues in the last 6 mo.

brokensoldier244th I was told about the auto C & P Exams by 800-Betty so take it for what it's worth.

Exactly. The phone people know enough to read some of the notes we leave, and that's it.  There are no auto c&P's. They still all have to be reviewed and approved. 

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

12 hours ago, Rattler said:

They May surprise you. When you get a good IMO from a doc that has done more than one and has a good back ground that they can't challenge it may turn around. I did for me on five SC issues in the last 6 mo.

brokensoldier244th I was told about the auto C & P Exams by 800-Betty so take it for what it's worth.

From your lips to God's ear!

• Community Owner

Amen.

It only took five weeks for the VA to respond to my nexus letter and supplemental claim - denied again. Thoughts on the next steps; file HLR, go straight to NOD, obtain another IMO letter, and file a supplemental claim (this option seems like tossing good money after bad).  see the attached VA letter. I appreciate any advice. 

Thanks!Redacted VA Supplemental Claim Denial_Redacted.pdf

Edited by Gboyington

Depends on the reason for denial. Without that there's not much anyone can advise you on. 

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)