Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

RicardoUSN

Rate this question

RicardoUSN

Question

VP-47 aircrew 77-81 must prove visit(s) to Guam (boots on ground) during 1st WESTPAC deployment. Fellow crew members are dead, not responding or hiding….     
No luck so far.
Suggestions for establishing/proving Guam flights/visits as aircrew        (SS3-Radar) to the snake infested paradise via P-3….                     Anyone, anyone…?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Also, its not always necessary to prove a particular boots on the ground.  There are other ways of establishing service connection:   When all else fails, try the Caluza elements of current diagnosis, in service event, and nexus. 

Yep, thing about lying....must remember what ya said to who and when. My recall not at that level.

UPDATE....Connected with my pilot, truly a Prince of a man. Well into his eighties, still flying and rasing hell, just not as much. Razor sharp memory, recalled flight in question right away adding details after consulting log book.  Double bonus event....."Buddy statement" in the mail and heartfelt re-connect with an old friend. Always considered myself fortunate to have drawn a pilot as experienced and professional as Virgil. 

have you reviewed your file?  If not it just may be there

For example, were you treated at sick bay?   Even for a cold?  That record would establish boots on the ground presence.  One Veteran told me he used a photograph which included things that were only available in country, such as a picture of the "base sign".  

Thx for response….                        Crew flight logs (ops. dept) tallied hours not destinations.                     Sickbay…maybe Cubi, not Guam.                                        Pic or two of Buffs on flight line, “more likely than not” able to associate Guam as location, but no date.        
Advised….                                         “The Standard” is a sworn statement by fellow crew member, preferably an officer.  
I’ll keep plugging…

Have you been denied benefits?  (based on being unable to prove you were boots on the ground).  

Sometimes, we overthink stuff, "assuming" we need whole buckets of documentation, only to find out VA already has enough documentation to win your claim.