Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Claims

Rate this question

Gunnerdad

Question

Two things.  Can't seem to get decision letters even though it says it's available online.  Mailed never get here even though they have correct address and get other communications and

RX supplies.  Second, filed a claim on the afternoon of the 16th of August and it was immediately closed, and a decision letter sent. Same day?

Filed for Graves' Disease based on research showing AO vets get it 3X those not exposed.  Numerous decisions on file granting SC for Graves based on that research.

So how did they process it same day and not piggyback it on my existing claim?  How do I get information on their response?  I have till the end of September to respond to denial of SC

for Hypothyroidism since I had Graves' treatment. Hoped to get SC for Hyperthyroidism to make Hypo secondary.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

1.  You need to find out if its your computer that is the problem.  To do that, go to the library, or family/friends computer and try to download decision again.  You will need your username/password.  

2.  Go to a VSO with VBMS access, and see if he can access the decision.  

IDK about filing a second decision, but the above may answer that question also.  

If you dont get a satisfactory answer after both trying again on a different computer AND getting a VSO with VBMS access, then file a nod on the decision.  Say, "I disagree with the decision on all issues".  Dont let your appeal period expire and not even know what the decision is.  

From a practical standpoint, if you can login to ebenefits/va.gov, and you were awarded benefits last Sept, then if the VA had your banking information, then you should have gotten compensation, thus its probably denied unless you never gave VA your banking information, changed banks, and did not inform VA, or it was inputted wrong. (Such as a wrong account number).  

Can you see your combined percentage on ebenefits/va.gov?  This may help also. 

Dont waste time, you need to run this down pronto.