Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VARO is really taking their sweet time signing off my decision letter on my TDIU awarded

Rate this question

Kitk Sebrian

Question

Why after 6 yrs waiting on my TDIU claim finally won my case it’s been 13 days since decision Ro completed my claim 11days ago now I’m told someone at Portland Oregon VA only has to sign off. Whoever is in charge of signing off should not have the power to sign off when he feels like after decision VA could at least pay me my $1700 extra per my nth difference and in pay from Jan 2023  to Aug 2023 which is $13,600 I want my money that VA screwed me out of this year

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

4 answers to this question

Unlike earlier old times for me (1985 to 98) recent VARO claims approvals and BVA appeal decisions have resulted in rapid payment of disability money within 11 days to 1 month.

I recently received a BVA appeal approval that resulted also in SMC-S back pay of 5 years and this took less than a month from time I received their decision online at VA.GOV and then the paper decision in 10 to 14 days.  Hope this helps.

combinededitedcroppedperkins507thDustoffmedevacUH-1Hrescuehoist.jpg.7c3053794369e014e2ea83de19f3fbaf.jpg

We are mostly all frustrated with the super slow va claims process.  

Many Vet advocates suggest "getting a hobby" to help pass the waiting time.  There is not much you can do to hurry it up after 13 days.  

In the interim, make sure your address is up to date, and your banking information is up to date as well.  

• Community Owner

I am not trying to be a smart ass hear but every Vet wants the money that the VA screwed them out of. Same of us are still working on the back pay they owe from 1982 and 1977. (6 figures) The last que claim I won was 6 figures and it took about two weeks from the date they decided the claim to my bank account. If you do not receive your back pay please redact your letter with your personal information and post it hear so we can look at it and tell you how to proceed. you may have a CUE claim for your back pay but the only way to know it is to see the doc.