jdman

Question

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

No. It depends on what 'evidence' means and what is needed. If they are requesting federal records, depending on where they are coming from and what they are, 1 month could be the short end. That National Archives does not respond very quickly. If you have inpatient treatment records then those have to be requested via different means. Private records are their own request, and the providers don't always respond the first time- we to attempt 2 x's. Investigative records (depending on what you claimed) can take weeks to months since civilian police and MP/CID etc. do not respond quickly. 

I sent them in my VA Records from Blue Button which shows I am diagnosed it by a VA Dr. They told me I had a C&P Exam. I waited for the exam and no one called. I called QTC and was informed that the Dr didn't need any information from me. 

Being diagnosed with 'it' by VA doesn't mean it is service-connected. Unless you went into the VA and were diagnosed within a year of RAD just being diagnosed isn't presumed service connection.

They may be waiting for STRs, personnel files, deck logs, researching a stressor to verify it- any number of things. 

I am 100% P&T since 2014. I appied for ED for SMC K. I am diagnosed with ED in my VA medical records. I am also service connected for Thyroid condition which caused me to gain over 100 lbs, Diabetes and Sleep Apnea along with Depression which the medication can cause this issue as well. The ED could be ruled secondary to any of these conditions.

Edited by jdman

Maybe. If a doctor or examiner agrees, certainly. I'm not the person you need to persuade. 

If you want to know what evidence VA is looking for you would need to contact them, either via the call center (1-800-827-1000) or through VERA https://va.my.site.com/VAVERA/s/

As an example that may help, I very recently within less than 6 weeks received GERD at 60%, Tinnitus at 10% and HTN Hypertension at 0% (Pact Act).  I filed all 3 claims on the same 526 form at same time with no aid of VSO.

Gerd was claimed as secondary to Nam service connected PTSD and on long term VA medical records showing I had GERD and received GERD medications since 2000.  I had my own copies of all these records that I submitted with claim and at QTC exam.

Tinnitus I claimed due to Nam combat (Purple Heart), MOS occupation as Army medevac pilot and VA medications since 2011 for HTN and PTSD since 1985. 

The presumptive Hypertension HTN was granted under the PACT ACT due to my Agent Orange exposure in Nam and also I claimed secondary to long term PTSD and other long term VA medications for HTN since 2011 and for other medical issues. 

I received no official doctor or nurse diagnosis for any of the above except for a few words of note in VA medical records.  I was not treated in service for any of the above except PTSD symptoms in Nam and Japan.

All QTC exams for the above was very fast and efficient and courteous with quick VARO approval in less than 6 weeks. Long term VA medical documentation was the key to the above.

My comment is not legal advice as I am not a lawyer, paralegal or VSO.

EditedperfectcombinedcroppedphotoofPerkins498thBurningUH-1HJune91970-Copy-Copy(3).JPG.26e4db46c75fcf0a7f02ff49631bda36.JPG