Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal at VBA Judge for over 5 years. how much longer will it take?

Rate this question

traveler

Question

7 years of getting all of my benefits little at a time added and built up ....getting the % up where it should be.  The process has worked for me.....but the "Gulf War - Undiagnosed illnesses" is the last one to get done, and it is THE ONE that the VA doesn't want to do.  Thankfully a judge can now have a say.  Hopefully a Judge understands what presumptive means.....hopefully a Judge understand what buddy statements are.  average time is 240 some days, it has been over a year.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

3 answers to this question

• Community Owner

I would call the White House Hotline 800-799-7233. They may be able to tell you more Info.

Good advice from Rattler.  I also have in the past of many years ago sent in one or the other in order to get their attention on my appeal.

1. a very polite respectful letter of inquiry about the long delayed appeal.  Make sure you sent the letter to the designated BVA mail address and reference numbers on their correspondence they sent to you acknowledging receipt of your appeal and you may even have a document number to go by.

OR

2.  Even tho time may have expired I have sent new, or repeated duplicate evidence and/or argument contentions to the above BVA judges in the form of a STATEMENT IN SUPPORT OF APPEAL on form 4138 (now superseded) just to draw their attention back to my appeal.  No harm or foul and may or may not work.  Nothing to loose except your extra time and work.

OR

3. A VA regional office VSO may make inquiries to BVA on your behalf.  They charge nothing to vets for their services.

Key word is MAY.

My comment is not legal advice as I am not lawyer, paralegal or VSO.

combinededitedcroppedperkins507thDustoffmedevacUH-1Hrescuehoist.jpg.66e9e75bebf35a15ff490302ec523268.jpg

Edited by Dustoff1970