Jump to content
VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

 Ask Your VA Claims Question  

 Read Current Posts 

  Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

  • homepage-banner-2024-2.png

  • donate-be-a-hero.png

  • 0

No longer needed, second signature in claim gathering of evidence

Rate this question


E.M

Question

I am 70% PTSD, 10% hearing loss totaling 80% disability. I’m applying for TDUI my claim is in the evidence gathering stage, and they said it needed a second signature. Wondering why? Is this a good sign that my TDUI will be granted. I read different things, that it is due to the fact the backpay is more than $25,000. All of the post that I’ve looked up, or years old. Nothing recent in 2023. When I talk to the VA claim status, over the phone. They said my claim was in the decision stage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
  • Greeter

To answer your question often times second signatures are needed. Yes when distributing a retro a second signature is needed. I recommend that you just wait on the Va decision to come through. You’ll go crazy trying to figure out what the Va does or has planned. Just wait and see 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 5/12/2018 at 9:22 PM, Air Force Vet said:

I have read on this forum. That a second signature means a retro payment of 25,000 or more. Is this not true  

A second signature is required for retroactive payments of up to 2 years, anything beyond that requires a 3rd signature. In the VA literature the 2nd signature is for up to 2 years retroactive OR a dollar amount not to exceed $15,000. For $25,000? A 3 rd signature is required. The other possibility is a rookie rater is working your claim and their mentor has to confirm the voracity of their decision, requiring the second signature. It’s one or the other and VA won’t divulge which, so it’s impossible to say. You can kind of spy on the process and go on VA.GOV and utilize the payments tab. If it’s backpay? You’ll often see a scheduled payment BEFORE you get notified of the decision. Another possibility is, and it doesn’t happen often, is they intend to sever service connection for which you were previously awarded. If your award is under 10 years old they can sever service connection based on an error or fraud. Hope this helps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
  • Moderator

Infantryman:

The CAVC has ruled that the EAP equals CUE, (2 signatures are no longer required).  

https://thomasandrewslaw.blogspot.com/2010/08/macklem-eap-equals-cue.html

If the VA gets caught at it, the Veteran can file a writ of mandamus with the court.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
  • Community Owner

It took three signatures for a six figure back pay.

And congrats on your win. You are now over the 5 year mark with a 2018 decision.  Besides being T & P once you pass the 5, 10, and 20 year marks it is unlikely that you will be reviewed. (With T & P they will not review you either unless you get better.) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use