Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Eligibility for VA Disability Benefits

Tbird

• Founder

Eligibility for VA Disability Benefits

You may be eligible for VA disability benefits or compensation if you meet both requirements:

• You have a current illness or injury (known as a condition) that affects your mind or body, and
  • You served on active duty, active duty for training, or inactive duty trainingva-disability-benefits-eligibility.png

And at least one of these must be true:

• You got sick or injured while serving in the military—and can link this condition to your illness or injury (called an in-service disability claim) or
  • You had an illness or injury before you joined the military—and serving made it worse (called a pre-service disability claim), or
  • You have a disability related to your active-duty service that didn't appear until after you ended your service (called a post-service disability claim)

Presumptive conditions

The VA will automatically assume (or "presume") that your service caused your condition for some conditions. VA calls these presumptive conditions.

If you have a presumptive condition, you don't need to prove that your service caused the condition. You only need to meet the service requirements for the presumption.

Find out more about these categories of presumptive conditions:

The PACT Act expands benefit access for Veterans exposed to burn pits and other toxic substances.

The PACT Act is a new law that expands access to VA health care and benefits for Veterans exposed to burn pits and other toxic substances. This law helps the VA provide generations of Veterans—and their survivors—with the care and benefits they've earned and deserve. Learn how the PACT Act may affect your VA benefits and care.

View full record

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use