• donate-be-a-hero.png

Year-End Letter to Members

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

Hadit-Final-Logo-Transparent.png

thank-you-leaderboard.png

Tbird here, the founder of HadIt.com Veterans. I wanted to thank you for your support this year and in the past. 

As we approach the end of the year, Rattler (the new owner of HadIt.com) and I wanted to take a moment to express our deepest gratitude for your continued support and generosity throughout this year and years past. 

Make Your Year-End Tax Deductible Donation Today!

Your contributions have made a significant impact on HadIt.com and have allowed us to continue to serve our brother and sister veterans and their advocates. You did that! You should be proud to be a part of helping veterans be awarded their hard-earned VA disability compensation.

This year has presented many challenges, but thanks to donors like you, we have been able to adapt and continue our mission to Leave No One Behind, Not On A Jungle Trail, Not On A Desert Trail, Not On A Paper Trail" ™. Your support has allowed us to stay online and continue to help veterans. It looked like 2023 would be our last year on the web, but you came through for us, and we appreciate your gifts. In March 2023, I gifted the site to our member Rattler, who created a nonprofit just for this purpose. 

I had planned to retire quietly and start my memoirs at DiaryOfAMadSailor.com. We put out requests for volunteers to help Rattler do the day-to-day work that needs to be done. Unfortunately, we didn't get any takers. Rattler asked me to stay on and help run the site on the backend and advise him as he became more familiar with the administrative and technical side of the site, and I agreed. 

HadIt.com is moving from the

WordPress platform to the Community platform.

It’s exciting, and I am happy to take the journey with you!

Take a moment and check out all the Community can do for you and our veterans.

Benefits

• Significantly Decrease Expenses
  • Integrates Articles With Discussions
  • Members Can Create
    • Blogs - Share Your Ideas, Thoughts, and Insights.
      • Public & Invite-Only Blogs - Whether it's a public diary or invite-only, members control who can and can't see their Blogs.
      • Features
        • RSS Exports - RSS feeds allow your members to add your blog feed to their favorite RSS reader.
        • Import Gallery Albums - Associating gallery albums when submitting your blog entry will display images alongside your entry content.
        • Follow Blogs - Be notified as soon as new content is posted on your favorite blog by following blog categories and entries.
        • Cover Photos - Customize your blog categories and blog entries with their own cover photos.
        • Schedule Publish Times - Need to schedule a blog post to publish on a certain date and time automatically? No problem.
        • Sorting and Filtering - Interested in viewing your entries by the most comments or most views? That's simple using our filters.

• Clubs - Create Your Own Social Group
    • Types of Clubs
      • Public - Everyone can see the club and its posts and can participate without joining.
      • Closed - Everyone can see the club and who's in it, but only members can see posts and participate. Users need to ask a leader to join.
      • Read-only - Everyone can see the club and its posts, but only members can participate. Users need to be invited by a leader to join.
      • Open - Everyone can see the club and its posts, but only members can participate. Everyone can join.
      • Private - Only members can find the club and see its posts. Users need to be invited by a leader to join.

This task is labor intensive. We hope to raise enough funds to hire a part-time assistant to help with this process. We are aiming for trying to raise $6000 to pay someone $500 per month to do the job. We have someone who can do the work, we need to come up with the funds.

This would bring our total operating expenses to around $18k annually. This will easily be cut in half once the site is moved off the WordPress platform.

It’s important to note that Rattler, myself, and our small staff of moderators, curators, and greeters are all volunteers. Our operating expenses are currently $12,000 per year, and that accounts for hosting, tech support, subscriptions, plugins, etc. We want to hire an assistant to help me get the site moved over, it is a lot of work for one person. If we can hire an assistant, it will reduce our expenses to about $18,000 per year. Any help you can give us with this endeavor is greatly appreciated!

Your donation, regardless of size, will go directly towards operating costs and hiring an assistant. With your help, we can continue to reach veterans and grow even bigger in the coming years, more veterans mean more knowledge shared, which is a win for all of us. 

To make a year-end tax-free donation, visit our donation page here. or contact us directly here. Your support means the world to us, and we are incredibly grateful for your generosity.

One last thing. We know that the holidays can be difficult for our brothers and sisters. I know it is for me. 

Remember, You Are Not Alone!

No matter when you served, no matter what you’re going through, the Veterans Crisis Line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Chat OnLine With A Counselor Right Now!

No Veteran should go through a crisis alone. If you or a Veteran you know needs.

Immediate Support: Dial 988, then Press 1. 

Food for thought: I know it can be scary to make that call; I've made it more than once. I've never regretted it. It is because I made that call that I am writing to you today; it is why HadIt.com is going into its 27th year and why we were here to help you when you needed it.

Thank you once again for your unwavering support. We wish you and your loved ones a joyful holiday season and a happy new year.

Sincerely,

Rattler, President HadIt.com Veterans

Tbird, Founder HadIt.com Veterans

Donate Now!

tbird-and-cinder-in-front-of-the-arch-march-2013.jpg

operating-expenses.png

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet