VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

2 FDC and a Request for increase

Rate this question

Kuwaitin08

Question

I have recently submitted two Fully Developed Claims and a request for an increase on the same day.

Will the FDC claims be processed in an expedited manner or will the timeline be delayed by the request for an increase?

Thank you

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

2 answers to this question

If the request for increase is on a separate medical issue, then the VARO raters may consider it as a separate claim from the FDC and this should not delay your increase claim.  However there is always a however and others with a similar experience may add their opinions here for you.

My comment is not legal advice as I am not a lawyer, paralegal or VSO.

combinededitedcroppedperkins507thDustoffmedevacUH-1Hrescuehoist.jpg.66e9e75bebf35a15ff490302ec523268.jpg

Any VA claim, other than a new 21-526EZ being submitted, is considered a claim for an increase. I would be more interested an  accurate decision rather than a fast decision. In my experience they will all be worked together. If there was two FDC claims submitted along with one that was not FDC, there is a good chance that the two FDCs will be kicked back and adjudicated with the non FDC claims, but it could go the other way, after all, we are trying to predict what the unpredictable VA will do.