Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Celexa - Anyone On This?

Rate this topic

• Founder

i'm at 80mgs celexa which i know is a bit high, but 60mgs just didn't cut it. anyone else take this doage, any problems with it?

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was on 40mg as prescribed by a MD at the VA who barely mumbles english.

Before he put me on Celexa, he had me on other meds and when I'd call him and say they weren't working he say, "take two." I tried his method and frankly don't have much faith in this psychiatrist not because he is of mideastern decent but because he treats "over the phone." I know I needed help, not so much with medication butin addition to other therapy. He didn't offer other therapy so I went to a civilian MD who reduced the Celexa to 20mg and said, he usually starts his patients off with a lower dosage. He also referred my to a psychologist and I am looking forward to that! Sorry this is so long but yes, your dosage of Celexa seems to be a bit excessive. I don't know your specific condition but perhaps you should obtain a second opinion or at least if it's a VA doc change doctors. Some of them are good only for a signature and wouldn't be at the VA if they were really comptent. Others say they work there because they don't have to pay malpractice insurance. Ya can't sue the docs that work at the VA....go figure. I wouldn't want a mechanic working on my car if he/she wasn't competent. So far I haven't had any problems with the Celexa but it is of low dosage and really hasn't helped my problem. I have had liver failure due to the incompetance of a VA PA and attempted to file a claim but it was denied since the liver regenerated itself. I'm sorry this is so lone but I don't get many chances to off-load.

Gosh, I take 40 Mg of Celexia and two clonazapam at night, I dont know how you can even function on that...I feel drugged up and seditatives........wow...I dont like the feelings of the meds so I am trying to have them changed.

-Spike-

Vet Advocate

--------------

• Founder

well the celexa does not make me drowsy at all, it gives me a bit of a pick up i think, 80mg gets me out of bed everyday and working, i've been on 20, 40, 60, and 80 now and it really seems to work for me.

i also have atavan for anxiety and doxepin for sleep. atavan is prescribed 3 x day, but i don't take it like that or i would be a zombie. i take when i have breakthrough anxiety that i can't manage on my own.

they had me on something at the very beginning that made me so tired that i was just like screw this so they switched me to prozac which i had good success with for several years, but celexa is by far the best thing they have put me on.

i haven't met anyone else who is 80mg and was just curious if anyone else was. it doesn't bother my stomach, though it does for some folks.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

gave me ed big time plus loss of libido, talked to doc the only SSRI drug that doesnt do that is welbutrin, after a month and a half on welbutrin and off celexa completly the one eyed snake is gettin the urge to go huntin again, but other things are preventing it ;) in short libido is back ED is still a problem

hope that wasnt to much info,

my puter is toasted so I am on only when I can get on someone elses puter

Edited by BETRAYED

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

I am on clexa 60mg. My psychatrist started me off on lower doses, actually started at half a 20 mg pill for a week then went up to 20mg. She monitored my progress and increased the dosage when it needed to be increased. She also gave me permission to take 40mg in the morning and then I take the other 20mg in the evening. I have had no adverse side affects at all.

Tim

Vet and proud of it