VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Exams

Rate this question

JD92589

Question

I had a C & P Exam Dec 2023 for my back, knees, debilities and nerve damage.  I felt the exam went well and nurse practitioner seem very knowledgeable.  I am now going to get a second C & P for my pinch nerve and nerve damage?  The only reason I can see is that the VA may be considering disability and just needs to know what percentage my nerve damage is so the can properly rate it?   Has anyone else had this happen to then and how did it come out?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Its not that unusual to have more than one exam.  The C and P exam has to have pretty much everything right to be ready for rating.  

As an example, as you pointed out, if there is a nexus, are the symptoms documented?  Further, Va sometimes requires a medical reasons as to why the doc makes said opinion, "especially when/if" that opinion is somewhat controversial.  

Lets say a doctor opines that your high blood pressure caused your prostate issue.  Since that may be rather rare, the VA may ask the doc to explain his medical rationale as to how high blood pressure can cause a swollen prostate.  So, you may have to go back.  There are many reasons why you may have to go back, this is just a couple.  I have posted things c and p exams need to be valid, but wont do that again here.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Mirrors my experience in February of 2020.  First was VA C&P examiner.  The later ones were contractor.  Appears the VA is trying to negate IMOs.  The contractors have the VA examiner's negative exam to copy.  So best to get an IMO as soon as you can get a copy of the VA C&P examiner's report.

I had to go through my medical records and reference every positive medical report for my claim to give to the IMO and then gave him the VA NPs report to comment on with her references.  Got a balanced report that connected my seizures to my service.