Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another Benefit For Sc' Disability

Rate this question

tdak

Question

Hi all!

I just wanted to let you know that I was on the phone with an agent about my auto ins. premium and I asked about a discount for a Disabled Vet. I told the agent everything, my percentage, how long, that it was Service Connected. In any case, I have Geico and live in NY. The agent put me on hold to ask and came back with a yes! I was very happy. I think it was about a 10% discount, which is great to me. They wanted to make sure I received a check and what branch I was in, that was it.

So I wanted to pass this along. Just call and ask your agent, they may say yes too.

Have a great day!

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks that is a great tip. I understand that GEICO is quite competitive in the first place.

Hi all!

I just wanted to let you know that I was on the phone with an agent about my auto ins. premium and I asked about a discount for a Disabled Vet. I told the agent everything, my percentage, how long, that it was Service Connected. In any case, I have Geico and live in NY. The agent put me on hold to ask and came back with a yes! I was very happy. I think it was about a 10% discount, which is great to me. They wanted to make sure I received a check and what branch I was in, that was it.

So I wanted to pass this along. Just call and ask your agent, they may say yes too.

Have a great day!

Thank you for the good info!

Cavman - I thought I had seen you before hahahahahahahha :angry:

I have had insurance with the lizard for about 15 years. My agent knows that I am a diasabled veteran but has never said anything about a discount. You can betcha sweet bippie that I will hit him up in the next few days. If he has been screwing me over then I will crush the lizard B)

• HadIt.com Elder

I have my Insurance with Progressive because they have been easy to deal with and the Agent who sold it to me treated me well. They have online service.

Saturday we upgraded cars. Replace our old 1996 Cadillac with 169,000 miles and some performance issues with a 2003 Cadillac with 27,000 Miles. Our payments are less than buying a new Toyota.

Anyway I changed my insurance online dropped a car and added the new one and got the insurance that if I die the note will be paid off. My premium went up 17 dollars a month.

I made all the changes in less than 10 minutes and printed my new insurance card to boot.