Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Appeals Process

• Founder

appeal-002@3x.pngThere have been some changes within the VA appeals process. It is no longer referred to as such; it has undergone a significant transformation and is now known as the decision review process. This change was implemented to make the process more efficient and effective for those involved.

Suppose you disagree with a VA decision made on or after February 19, 2019. In that case, rest assured that you have multiple options available! The decision review process has been designed to provide three distinct avenues (Supplemental Claim, Higher-Level Review, or Board Appeal) for you to continue pursuing your case.

Each option provides different advantages, and you can select the one that best aligns with your specific circumstances and needs. And the best part? If you choose an option and find that the result doesn't meet your satisfaction, you're not stuck with that outcome. You are fully entitled to try out another eligible option.

Remember, the process may seem daunting, but you are not alone. Continue to persevere and advocate for the benefits you deserve. Keep going. You got this!

From VA.gov VA decision reviews and appeals

Request a decision review

You can file a Supplemental Claim if you have new and relevant evidence that we didn't have when we reviewed your case before.

Manage your decision reviews and appeals

• Check your VA claim status

If you have already requested a decision review or filed a legacy VA appeal, sign in or create an account to check your status.

• Manage your legacy VA appeal

If you filed a Notice of Disagreement for a decision dated before February 19, 2019, learn about the legacy VA appeal process.

More information and resources

View full record

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use