Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Disability Articles From Around the Web: Worth A Read

• Founder

read-more-fear-less.jpg

Hill and Ponton: The 2024 Guide to 10% VA Disability Benefits

Hill and Ponton have a very interesting post on 10% VA Disability. According to the Veterans Benefits Administration FY 2021 Report, 10% is the most common service-connected percentage awarded. See the image below, and then read H&P’s post.

• Compensation for a 10% VA Disability Rating
  • Dependent benefits at the 10% VA Disability Rating
  • Prime benefits of a 10% VA Disability Rating
  • Social Security Considerations with a 10% VA Disability Rating
  • The path to Extraschedular TDIU for 10% rated veterans
  • How to increase your VA Disability Rating from 10%

Read Full Article

According to VA: Here are the Top 10 most popular Veteran resources.

Veterans and Gold Star Families get free lifetime passes to national parks, wildlife refuges, and other public lands.

On Veterans Day 2022, the U.S. National Park Service unveiled a lifetime pass providing free entrance to national parks for Veterans and their families. The pass gives them free access to about 2,000 public locations spread out across more than 400 million acres of public lands.

Veteran discounts are available year-round.

This is a comprehensive list of Veteran and military discounts that are good all year and are updated based on additional awareness.

Record pay increase for Veterans receiving VA compensation benefits

VA announced compensation payment rate increases based on the latest cost-of-living adjustment (COLA). Beginning on Jan. 1, 2023, Veterans and beneficiaries who receive VA compensation benefits began seeing an 8.7% increase in their monthly compensation benefits—the largest increase in over 30 years.

VALife insurance program is coming in January 2023 for veterans with service connection.

In January 2023, VA launched a new life insurance program called Veterans Affairs Life Insurance (VALife). The program provides guaranteed acceptance of whole life insurance coverage to Veterans 80 and under with any level of service-connected disability.

Benefits and resources available to Veterans of OIF, Southwest Asia theater of operations

VA announced that Veterans who served in Operation Iraqi Freedom, Southwest Asia, and other locations may be entitled to compensation for medical conditions presumed to be related to exposure to fine particulate matter. For more information on new presumptive conditions, visit the Airborne Hazards and Burn Pit Exposures – Public Health page.

Health application aims to transform Veteran heart health

VHA Innovation Ecosystem, in collaboration with Evidation, is encouraging Veterans to enroll in Heart Health. This free application-based program helps educate Veterans about their heart health and chronic conditions using their smartphones and wearable devices. Veterans can track relevant health data, including activity, mood, symptom, and weight data.

View full record

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use