Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA Remands Granted

Rate this question

Spaceace1954

Question

Hello all

I just received notice online that my 4 remands that the VARO denied after QTC records review and then returned to BVA were all approved by the BVA today.

Who awards the percentage for these claims?

Currently nothing showing in ebenefits.

Thanks for any info.

Hello Broncovet

I received info via email from BVA.

The Claim was remanded from BVA to VARO with instructions, VARO requested QTC Medical services to review my records.

VARO received info from QTC and denied all remands and returned to BVA.

BVA notified me by email, all remanded items are granted and I would receive the decision via mail soon.

No percentage info of any kind. or EDD, I am not sure if the VARO or BVA will do this.

I have never received an email from the BVA.  (And, I had appeals there at least 4 times that I recall, probably more). 

But, things do change.  It would be a nice change.  

I have to admit "IM SHOCKED" to hear BVA would send an email notification of a decision for more than one reason:

1.  Email is not secure, and is often hacked.  This alone, often means companies wont communicate a lot of stuff by email.  My doctor will only do it "via secure mail" where you must login to myhealthevet.  

2.  BVA "just doesnt" summarize the decision like that.  At least not that IM aware of.  They send you "the whole enchilada" decision or none.  No summaries.  But maybe they turned over a new leaf.  

• HadIt.com Elder
16 hours ago, broncovet said:

I have never received an email from the BVA.  (And, I had appeals there at least 4 times that I recall, probably more). 

But, things do change.  It would be a nice change.  

I have to admit "IM SHOCKED" to hear BVA would send an email notification of a decision for more than one reason:

1.  Email is not secure, and is often hacked.  This alone, often means companies wont communicate a lot of stuff by email.  My doctor will only do it "via secure mail" where you must login to myhealthevet.  

2.  BVA "just doesnt" summarize the decision like that.  At least not that IM aware of.  They send you "the whole enchilada" decision or none.  No summaries.  But maybe they turned over a new leaf.  

The VA considers their email safely encrypted now.  But my emails included the redacted decision on my PCAFC in February of 2024.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@Lemuel The VA has gone "redact happy". I find it kind of odd that around 14 years ago or so, I requested a copy of my cfile. It arrived in a giant box and contained no redactions at all. However, when I received a digital copy on CD, it was redacted to the moon and back. I know some things like SSN's in doctors' stamps/signatures contained their SSN, but the redaction logic was so dumb that it also overlapped visual content that should have never been redacted. And they even redacted stuff that that sent me that was previously unredacted. 

• HadIt.com Elder
2 hours ago, Vync said:

@Lemuel The VA has gone "redact happy". I find it kind of odd that around 14 years ago or so, I requested a copy of my cfile. It arrived in a giant box and contained no redactions at all. However, when I received a digital copy on CD, it was redacted to the moon and back. I know some things like SSN's in doctors' stamps/signatures contained their SSN, but the redaction logic was so dumb that it also overlapped visual content that should have never been redacted. And they even redacted stuff that that sent me that was previously unredacted. 

Only my first name and SSN and C number were redacted.  Finally, I got some items that were in my file that were prejudiced against me redacted.  Like someone's NJP that was from a base in Greece that I had never been to and a note from  a C&P examination that was obviously about someone else and their last 4.

My C&P file suffered redactions by the total removal of needed seizure clinic and back clinic files and some letters by me to the VA.  The only redactions I saw were errors.  And anything redacted that you want to know why you can request a review of the redaction and an explanation which I believe will be some error of some kind.  If the redaction that is reported as favorable to you, but you believe it is unfavorable, you can ask the BVA to review it if you have a claim before the BVA.