Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Space A Travel For 100% Vets/approved?

Rate this question

gdsnide

Question

I have been doing some checking on Space A travel for 100% Vets & got an answer I need a confirmation on.

Person who sent me E Mail said it was approved in 2,005. Person said to look for bill 58.

Since I have no idea what bill 58 is I figured I'd post it here so the experts can confirm or deny.

Also, what is a bill & if it's not to much trouble would U send me a copy by E Mail no matter how it goes.

Sincerly,

GARY

gdsnide@hotmail.com

gdsnide

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Guest RickB54
I have been doing some checking on Space A travel for 100% Vets & got an answer I need a confirmation on.

Person who sent me E Mail said it was approved in 2,005. Person said to look for bill 58.

Since I have no idea what bill 58 is I figured I'd post it here so the experts can confirm or deny.

Also, what is a bill & if it's not to much trouble would U send me a copy by E Mail no matter how it goes.

Sincerly,

GARY

gdsnide@hotmail.com

Gary,

This has come up in congress many times, it has yet to pass muster. No 100% disabled veterans are not allowed space A travel. This is still one benefit reserved for active duty, retirees and family members.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have traveled Space A and it isn't worth what you pay for it rofl

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

Guest Dataman

Your not missing out on anything. Buy a ticket in advance and you will save more money than going Space A.

100% Disabiled Vets cannot travel Space A unless your also holding an Grey ID Card (Retired).

• HadIt.com Elder

What he just said.

Get on the internet......do a search. Check out CheapTickets, for example.

My wife can get us, for example, roundtrip tickets from DFW to LAS for around $150 any day of the week.

Beats flying in the belly of a C130 (heck, ANYthing beats flying in the belly of a C130!).

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

What he just said.

Get on the internet......do a search. Check out CheapTickets, for example.

My wife can get us, for example, roundtrip tickets from DFW to LAS for around $150 any day of the week.

Beats flying in the belly of a C130 (heck, ANYthing beats flying in the belly of a C130!).

THe Coast Guard (since it's not DoD) allows 100% SC disabled to fly Space A.

BUT, it ain't the USAF, doesn't have the A/C inventory and destinations are limited. Besides, Larry, it's bucket seats in a 130. :angry:

I use Orbitz.

Ralph

Guest RickB54
100% Disabiled Vets cannot travel Space A unless your also holding an Grey ID Card (Retired).

Actually it is a blue ID card..... DD Form 2, (unless you have an antique ID card) :angry: