Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wrong Date On Original Rating

Rate this question

john6012

Question

I was reviewing my original rating exam from '85 and they had a left ankle injury listed as Jul 22, 1985 (NSC) rather than the correct date of Aug 22, 1977. Is this significant? Evidently they got mixed up and failed to review accurately. I guess now I can reopen the ankle trauma more easily as sc?? I separated from the military in "85 and the trauma did not occur in '85 IT WAS '77! I guess the GS-4's were asleep at the switch.....

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

John6012,when you file a claim with va no matter when the injury occur if you get service connection granted ,it is the date you file claim,so the correct date is ???? 1985.

mobie

"I was reviewing my original rating exam from '85 and they had a left ankle injury listed as Jul 22, 1985 (NSC) rather than the correct date of Aug 22, 1977. Is this significant?"

If the 1977 date of injury was during your period of service and the injury is noted in your SMRs and this injury has caused further chronic problems- that date could be very significant.

If it happened in service and they listed it as NSC and probably gave you "0" percent-

and if it has contributed to additional problems- and you can prove the additional disability is from the 1977 injury then you could file a claim on the newer problems it has caused.But you would have to show that the NSC entry and the date were wrong.

Not as far fetched as one might think-

say vet has left ankle injury in service, noted in their SMRs.

say vet has as a civilian, a major CVA and the right side of brain (affecting left side of body) has caused partial paralysis in left leg and also the service injured ankle makes that worse and vet cannot keep his balance.

Without any other etiology, the vet with a strong medical opinion- could show the SC ankle has contributed to disabling affects of the NSC stroke.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.