Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Copies Of Your Own Records!

Rate this question

spike

Question

I went to the VA Hospital and wanted to request a copy of my health records from date of 2002 EAS to now.....for my SSD attorney basically and for me to copy and put on DVD/CD for records. When did the VA start charging Veterans for their records as they said (to disencourage Veterans to lose, or to have duplicate records available to them) The Correspondence clerk said I had to pay .75 pp.......at 294-300 pages I had to pay almost 187.00 for records....What a crock....when asked where does that money go, NOBODY could answer me...not the Advocate, the Correspondence, not the Supervisor.....its just a bill that the Vet has to pay.....Has this been a topic of discussion for a while? Has this happened to anyone and how did you deal with it.

-Spike-

Vet Advocate

--------------

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You know what I found is that the chiropractor had them. I got them back and I am in the process of scanning all 350 pages and burning them to disc in adobe. That way I can just copy the heck out of them, and I can give the doc/attorney who ever a copy of the disc and file the records in the safe and important docs. Remove them from computer. With everything going digital, paper just gets messy and lost :lol:

-Spike-

Vet Advocate

--------------