"SUMMARY: The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) proposes to amend its

regulations regarding the time limit for filing a response to a

Supplemental Statement of the Case in appeals to the Board of Veterans'

Appeals (Board). We propose to change the response period

[[Page 14057]]

from 60 days to 30 days. The purpose of this change is to improve

efficiency in the appeals process and reduce the time that it takes to

resolve appeals while still providing appellants with a reasonable" etc

I fail to see how this can possibly improve "effeciency" as the VARO-unlike the olden days- ignores these responses in many cases-responses which could alter their denials-

You can make public comment at

http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main

Has anyone else here made Public comment on VA 2007- VBA-0013-0001 ?

This was the ancilliary bill that has been proposed.

I asked the feds to change the Bonny V. Principi regulations.

They are unfair to Section 1151 claimants.

They are unfair to any veteran's survivor if the veteran died due to VA health care prior to Dec 16,2003.If VA killed the vet after Dec 16, 2003 the survivor gets all accrued benefits-if they malpracticed and caused death before that date-the survivor does not get all accrued benefits.

Section 1151 claimants do NOT get the same ancillary benefits as others do.

CHAMPVA does not come with a Sec 1151 death award-nor does Chap 35-nor does the survivor get the Mortgage Guaranty Certificate.

It seems to me that when VA commits malpractice to the point of causing a veterans death- the survivors should equal rights as other Direct SC survivors- to all appropriate benefits.

I get CHAMPVA and Chap 35 because Rod was 100% SC P & T before VA caused his death-CHAMPVA told me many Sec 1151 survivors are astonished to find that they are not eligible for CHAMPVA under Sec 1151 deaths.

This is unconscionable when you consider the pain of knowing that a death was caused by the US of A in the form of VA medical care.Yet Section 1151 survivors do not get equal treatment under the law. That has to change.

Has anyone added comments on the other parts of this proposed regulation?

• Answers 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Bob this thread started off with a comment about the VA wanting to reduce a waiting period from 60 to 30 days in order to decrease the time required to process a vets appeal. The original post was followed by a multitude of comments from vets as to whey they felt such an action would not work; then by some comments on examaples of the processing of claims by RO's. Where is the inappropriatness? Were 90 percent of the comments negative - yes. Why - the negative comments were based upon personal experiences by the vets that posted them. Sorry but as I told Vike in my post you also have to see both sides of the picture.

If a vet receives bad service from and RO - a whacky decision ect..... or their claim is still tied up at the RO after 24-36 months, even if they post a negative comment about the Va, their posts are appropriate and helpful to all vets including the posting vet. Maybe his post will result in someone being able to help him/her in fixing their claim. If the vet does post what he/she thinks to be some illegal practice or screw tatic by the RO maybe other vets who have faced the same situation and since resolve the issue just might be able to help him or her resolve the issue. However, if he/she does not post their true feelings then the chances of help decrease greatly.

And yes each and all of these type post are appropriate for the claims forum. If we stick to strictly accepting comments from veterans who only support a party line of the VA is great and it is your fault that your claim did not succeed then we are doing a diservice to all veterans. There are good things about the VA and there are Bad things. I fully understand that with a 170 percent scheduler rating how it would be easy for one to be all pro VA. However, a veteran with a 30 percent rating who can't work, has lost his house and family due to his disability will have a very different picture. Are such feelings justified - Not in all cases. Maybe the vet has overlooked something or maybe his/claim really does not merrit a rating. Jumping them and trying to beat the fact into their head that they should love the VA is not what this site is about. It is about assistance no matter what the vet posts about the VA.

We are not all experts but we do all have our opinions about va claims processing and the quickest way to get our earnd benefits. I do not recall any veteran or widow being asked to sign a POA with any Hadit veteran or pay for any advice given. If a veteran is way off with their personal advice or opinions simply provide what you may think is the correct advice and let the posting veteran make the decision. Banning should only be taken on if a veteran is proven to be malious in that he is intentionally cause harm to the site - spamming etc........

Bottom line is I have not read any comments on this post that do not belong as they all pertain to errors commited by the RO in the processing of claims which tend to example the long processing of claims based upon VA error. Based upon this it would not matter if the VA only allowed a 2 day time period to submit additional evidence for no action taken by them would decrease the processing time of a claim until they start to clean from under the rug at the front door of the RO's.

Now guys like you, Vike, Berta, Tbird and others are the stablizing force here on Hadit for you seem to understand the aggravation felt by most veterans and you always provide level headed advise to all veterans.

If Vike left then so be it but I do not understand his actions. Although I do not know him personally he appears to be a great person and has provided me and many others with excellent advice so his return would be greatly appreciated and desired. HOWEVER, just keep in mind the VA is not fair to all and some veterans have been totally screwed by them. PLEASE DO NOT attempt to turn this wonderful site into a sister site of those out there that beat veterans to a pulp if they display a anti VA attitude. If you feel their attitued is unwarranted then attempt to change it in a peacful and caring way. THIS IS MY LAST POST ON THIS THREAD. Any way I love all of my Hadit brothers and sisters.

Ricky

Edited by Ricky

Berta,

You ask "How come you picked on Terry when you should have really picked on me-it all started with my post days ago-"

First, well I responded to Terry, I didn't pick on him. Who do you think he was referring to when he said "Even on hadit here one vet openly petitioned to have me banned from giving advice?"? If I wanted to "pick" on Terry I could, I do not comment unless he states something obviously flawed, incorrect, or sometime is correct. I am trying to encourage that whole correct thing. I responded to his statement because he was both flawed, and addressed an issue which tacitly involved me. I honestly didnt even READ the thread start, until after I addresses what I felt was that issue.

I DIDNT attack you because the thread you started involved "VA Claims Research"... and so was germaine. As I said when you gripe, it has been my experience it is to prove a point and not just complain. You state that you complain, and you DO, but it is again in the context of, heres an example: rather than "the va is so screwed up still". Does that make sense? I have NO problem with someone griping about the VA, but see no point in us just huddling around and screaming that the VA is broke. It is. We know that. You know that. Your purpose has been to help veterans. You have stated that to me, and from what I have seen you do a hell of a job at it. You dont sit around saying that the sky is blue, and then render poor advise or counsel based on opinion rather than fact.

I wont ATTACK anyone, but I will point out when the discussion goes south, and would hope for others to do so to me. Further, the topic of this forum is limited in scope. Griping about the VA, with NO purpose or reason does no good and has no bearing on what is trying to be done? Would you agree with that? I am not cheering for the VA, but simply stating that the other forums might be a more suitable place for such a discussion. My take on this forum is that it is to answer questions, address issues, and generally provide guidance to new veterans on helping them with their claims. Now where does simply complaining about a situation we already know exists fit in there?

Your thread brought attention to a situation that I was unaware of. It further was very relevant to claims and claims research. Therefore it was in the right place. There are other forums on Hadit. They are better suited to open discussion of how blue the sky is. You know that, you are smart, and for goodness sakes you know that the focus here is to HELP, not complain. I stated and will state again that you generally, in my OPINION do NOT complain. You use examples to state a point. Theres a huge difference.

I'm not trying to censor you. Nor will I try to censor others if they offer advise based upon the regulation, stated guidance, and known experience. I will tell someone they are wrong. I have been told I was wrong, and upon research or simple reflection agreed and apologized. You have seen me do so. I dont mean to offend you. Simply put, if this issue is so important to you, I will desist from commenting upon it again. That's how important you advise is to me. Not personally, but to the other veterans benefit. So, say Bob shut up about this and I will... that quick, with no further questions. However, if Terry drags me into something I will address that. If he does so either explicitly or thru inference I will respond to his comment. I WILL do so to anyone here, or on VBN. I will defend my opinion, if I think it is right, but I am VERY open to other ideas and am very willing to admit I can be wrong.

I WILL tell someone they should quit giving poor advise, if I truely believe that the advise they offer can damage or hinder a claim. Again I am open to input, but if someone like Terry offers up opinion as fact, and then goes on to try and substantiate that opinion with further misleading, or simply incorrect evidence I will say that they are wrong. Period. No one makes me do this. I do it because to not would dismiss everything I am working for.

So, I didnt respond to you because you didnt mention me... Terry did. Then when I actually read the entire thread I spoke about your post. Thats the long and short of it. Again, for me to stop saying ANYTHING about people simply complaining, just tell me to. I will, thats how much I value your opinion, and how much I DO NOT want to see you leave or quit posting. I will not stop responding to Terry's comments if I feel he is misleading or misdirecting veterans. I'm sorry but I expect others to do EXACTLY the same to me. I encourage others to point out my errors, and if I am wrong, I am hopefully not wrong the same way twice. Anyway... dont go away Berta... if what I have said is partly to blame for that, I take it back. Period.

Ever notice those who try to limit my giving advice here always paint me with a wide brush of wrong informaton and leave it just to that.

They never give any examples of bad advice where everyone can examine to see if what they say is true. They are hopeing for a mob mentaiity to take over wherein if they say a lie long enough loud enough, the lie takes on a reality of its own.

IT is through free exchange of ideas that is the real strenth and service of hadit.com.

Terry Higgins

Terry,

Ever notice when I post after you saying you are wrong or right? I do so regularly, but if youd like I can point out again and again, or simply tell others to read your posts and note where I have stated your incorrect, and your advise can and sometimes is bad enough that it can actually damage a claim. I have seen it here and on VBN. Time after time, and when I do correct you, you state I am "stalking" you. Nope. Doesnt fly Terry. However, this forum is NOT the place for this. So, how about I open a new thread in one of the others and we can sit and yell at each other all day and NOT interfear with what is being done. "Broad brush"... Terry you offer your flawed opinion as advise, repeatedly, even after you have been told again and again by multiple people its flawed. (sigh)... anyway if you want to continue this, we can take it elsewhere...

Hadit is about helping others, NOT about offering opinion stated as fact, and then guiding them upon a path that will actually lessen their chances of ever seeing a dime. I dont do opinions unless they are based upon a broad range of knowlege, and are generally accepted among other advocates to be correct. Period. Either I know what I am talking about, or I shut the heck up. If I am wrong, I learn and apologize. Its just that simple.

Anyway.. another forum just say it and agree to quit commenting about me in this one... we can bicker somewhere else. But, I bet you wont.

Vike 17

I have tried to read all of your posts on Hadit. I always found something to learn from your posts. I just hang around in the background trying to learn. I really hope to see your posts agin as you are a great asset to this site.

Gunny

• HadIt.com Elder

Hello sixthscents,

You seem fairly sharp about VA proceedures. Do you work or volinteer at the veterans affairs or for a national service organization?

Allan