Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Agent Orange Physical

Rate this question

Jerry_O

Question

I'm scheduled for a AO physical the 18th. My service in RVN was 68-69. I was seen about AO in 91 and was told I was not in an area that AO was sprayed. Since then I guess they admitted it was. I was in I Corps with the 101st. I personally know several leathernecks that were in I Corps that were rated with AO.

Any suggestions on what I should or shouldn't do during the physical - other than buttoning the back of my gown.

Jerry O

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Jerry

Just tell them what your problems are and you don't have to prove anything regarding exposure. When I had my AO exam the doctor discovered two conditions he thought were AO related. The AO exam is probably the best physical exam you will get at the VA. If the doctor is doing his job he will refer you for futher workups if he notes anything like PTSD or problems with your prostate or glucose levels. I got additional tests for peripheral neuropathy.

Guest terrysturgis

Jerry O, Like John I had an AO exam and the Doctor that did mine discovered my upper body neuropathy that I had not filed for. It is a through exam. I even had EKG's and x-rays.

After the exam go to the release of information office and do the paper work so you can get a copy of your AO exam. I used the copy to file a claim for upper body PN and it went pretty quick. It's hard for them to argue with their VA Doctor. Good luck. Terry Sturgis

• In Memoriam

Be prepared to give up lots of blood on more than one occasion.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity