Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C-file Being Held At Vamc, Why?

Rate this question

MarineDog

Question

I had my C&P on 6-21-05. I have in my possession the results. I have called the main 1000 # and my local RO # weekly and both of them tell me it is still at the VAMC. I finally got ahold of the C&P lady at teh VAMC today and she told me the Doctor is still working on my file. Is this normal? The lady I talked to at the main 1000 # today said she will forward my informaiton to her Supervisor to put a trace on my C-file. Is there anything I can do other than wait?

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I don't know if this applies to your case, but I had a missing report and it turned out, that it was misplaced and hadn't been inputed into the computer yet. The regular clerk was off sick and the stand in had no clue what was going on, so I had to wait until the regular clerk came back and streatened things out.

It may be just waiting to be put into the computer and depending on where you are in the pile of records, will depend on how fast the VARO gets the report.

Your C-File should be at your local VARO not at the VAMC.  I think whoever you talked to does not know what they are talking about.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agree! Since you have the C & P results -which I hope are favorable to your claim- I would if I were you- send the VARO a copy of those results and ask them to use this in support of your claim.

The c file most surely is at the VARO and they might have gotten the C & P by now but this covers you if that report gets lost.

Agree!  Since you have the C & P results -which I hope are favorable to your claim- I would if I were you- send the VARO a copy of those results and ask them to use this in support of your claim.

The c file most surely is at the VARO and they might have gotten the C & P by now but this covers you if that report gets lost.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my file is being held because they requesting medical opinions without physical examination.

I had my C&P on 6-21-05.  I have in my possession the results.  I have called the main 1000 # and my local RO # weekly and both of them tell me it is still at the VAMC.  I finally got ahold of the C&P lady at teh VAMC today and she told me the Doctor is still working on my file.  Is this normal?  The lady I talked to at the main 1000 # today said she will forward my informaiton to her Supervisor to put a trace on my C-file.  Is there anything I can do other than wait?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello Marine Dog, I want to tell you NOT to beleive anything the phone people tell you! I had so many versions, so many stories. None were true. I had to get intervention, and then something poped. I now know they are crazy like a fox, they truly are the great Evil. Never underestimate their tactics, beleive nothing they wont put in writing!! They are truly cunning and smart, but appearing "dumb" B)

Im Currently 20% SC'd with another 50% being held in "deffered decisions" whatever the hell that means! :blink:

Arch Sgt USAF, SAC 8th AF.

• In Memoriam

Todd –

Sometimes, when its storage spaces get overloaded, the BVA requests RO’s (including the AMC) to hold finished cases until in their storage spaces until BVA calls for them. If your claim has not been rated, it means it is still being worked on.

You are at the AMC rather than at the RO if your claim has already been remanded by the BVA and you are not represented by a lawyer.

Alex

Edited by Alex