Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Entire Story I Will Convey To The Best Of My Ability

Rate this question

Tammy

Question

I know my situations sounds mixed up and i am sorry i can't get my points accross but this week i plan to to have a complete history of what and when I got this disabities and all the things I need to look at all my paper work so my questions aren't all messed up. I know im pemant and totally disabled i get chapter 35 but now the kids are grown,that saved money on the tax payers. Thanks again for everyting. I do read everything that is posted, i do aplogize but some of tthe questions are difficult to explain.

Tammy

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Thank you all for all your advice and the kind words of encoragement, and I will be more careful and slow down and be have more clarity with my responces or rather questions, like one of the gentleman stated this can make a person crazy and seriously I think it does...LOL Believe me I am educated but when it comes to the VA it seems like I turn into a crazy person. Its so disappointing because I have been working on and off with this claim since 79 and my mind is running 100mph and my tying at 1 letter a minute and it is hard to get out what I want to say because typically its after I have recieved a letter from the VA. REgarding some of the questions, or children are 27 and 20 and as a matter of fact my Son will be graduating on the 20th of April out of BASIC and he is graduating with honors we are so proud of him, he made all the discissions on his own to joing the service and if we had the money I would love to go to Fort Knox, KY to see him graduate I know that would mean the world to him. But, I said all that to let you all know that I am going to be writing a very detailed letter explaining exactly what is happening with us. Like I stated we filed an EED and also a CUE for his back that was broke in 79 and they would not give him anything for his back until 2003 which was 40% when he did leave the service he filed right away and they did give him 10% for a torn ureter and nothing for his back or any other problems, than in 2000 they did another candp exam and they gave him 0 percent s/cd on the urether and gave him 10% on the back so we did gain income but they did recongnize his back. But, I will write the letter alot better when I can expain things. When he did get 40% 2003 and several other s/cd disabitis including loss of the use of an organ his pensis and he got the Permant unemployablity the letter I wrote back after getting the 100% money rate with a disagreement on the effectived date on his back not nothing else but they threw everything into a earlier effective date...so now with the CUE that hasn't came back yet which will any day now. The VA states he never filed for his back within a year and he did and we have no proof it looks like they said he just filed a claim on his ureter and that don't make sense. Anyone who has had a broken back knows what a person goes thru and they had him back doing PT after 2 week convelesant and he was compaining than and its noted in the entrance and exit exam that there was several things wrong with him after he was discharged. You know all the x rays reveal broken or rater fractured and that is how it is stated on the report but the VA never states it that way although the Doctors notes do. I find that odd. I am going to try real hard to get a hold of the police dpartment to get the accident report in Germany and someone ask if he was in a civilain hospital and that is correct. Also this hasn't been sitting around I have always been active on this but there was a time span I let it slide for a couple of years because I didn't know the regualtions like I do now. The biggest or rather greatest fear I have is that they will take the away our income and we have just started to get on our feet But there is a statement that has been made twice in the statement of case letter I got a couple of weeks when they were denied the earlier effective dates on his injuries which I believe he has 6 injuries which are service connected, but in the letter in states "Consideration has been given tot he exta schedular provions of 38 CFR 3.32(:D(1)This case does not present such an exceptional or unusual disability picture to warrant referral to the Director, Compensation and Pension Service, because the evidence does not show a marked interference with employment or frequent periods of hospitalizations due to service connected condition as to render impratical the application of the regualr schedular standards. The evidence doesn to demonstrates that you have unfavorable ankylosis of the entire throracomlumbar spine which would not be idicative of a higher 50 percent evaluation. The evidence demonstrates that your lumbar spine remains consistent with a 40 percent evaluation based on the rage of motion.

What does that mean and is it bad I mean who is the Director, Compensation and pension Sevice? I Better stop and than I will do up my letter. Again thank you so much for all the answers and I am going to the websites the one with the infintry site he wrote and stated he could not help find anyone in my husband platton or anyone that might of been over there the same time he was, but I tried.

Bye everyone and have a good day today.

Tammy, how much money would it take to make it possibe for you to go see your son graduate Basic??? I was thinking if it wasn't too much I might send it to you but then again, you are 100% and have a good income, also?? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

pr

Edited by Philip Rogers

I am wondering that myself Tammy-

My daughter was so happy I went to her BT graduation-

My neighbor, 20 years USAF retired went with me too-

I bet the plane fare today is even cheaper than what we paid then-

We had a wonderful time- I will even post a picture of it-

Of course I have no idea which one is my baby girl there!

It would mean so much to him if you could be there. It might not be as costly as you think.I was heartbroken to see how many airmen had no one there from their family when I was at Lackland.Of course it is not always possible to go to a BT graduation.

I dont even like to travel anymore- but I can tell you it meant so much to my daughter.

It took her a while to find me and my neighbor in the crowd right after the ceremony-she saw my neighbor's USAF cap first and he was wearing aProud Air Force Dad tee shirt like mine that had the Mom instead of dad on it.(they sell videos of the BT at Lackland and every airman is in the video)-The vet -my neighbor-I was with has been my best friend for 10 years and she bust out crying when she saw him and then she saw me.

It might not be as expensive as you think.

Lackland.doc

Guest terrysturgis

Tammy, regarding going to the Basic graduation as Berta and Philip said try to go. My duaghter graduated form basic at Fort Leonard Wood a couple of years ago. She won the Commanding General's Award. She was proud and so was her father. The ceremony is awesome. I would not mind going to another one even though I would not have anyone in it.

I graduated from Fort Leonard Wood in 1968. Thing I remember most about basic was that our company was picked to eat supper with Bob Hope. I still have the program.

Last but not least, Philip, what a wonderful gesture for you to make. THANKS! Terry Sturgis

Terry me too-

if I wasnt so far away from bases and if I had more free time- I would gladly adopt any BT graduate-any service at all and be there for them that day- with a big hug and a big dinner somewhere and I would attend the parents functions with them so they wouldnt go through that day alone.

This is funny- me and my neighbor had breakfast the day after the graduation at the La Hacienda motel. There were plenty of USAF parents there and we were asked to sit with some active duty AF guys - they saw my neighbors USAF retired hat and quickly waved us over to sit with them in the crowded room.By then I too had hit the BX and had on all sorts of Air force parent doo dads on my hat too.

I spent more money in the BX and on film than I spent to rent the car.

As we talked about the USAF etc and my daughter headed to California - Tech School (DLI) we could hear other parents telling how their kids had even offered to pay for their trip to the Ceremony.

I got that astonishing offer too!

Three days later many of us were still around the base and my neighbor of course was thrilled to be where he himself had graduated from over 20 years prior-

A few parents came over to us and one of them asked if my daughter had offered to pay for our trip too.

I said she sure did but the parent said-do you have the funny feeling none of us will ever see a dime of that?

We all laughed so hard-my daughter sure never even mentioned the offer again.

Our kids made sure in many cases we got there and maybe some did pay their parents back.

I have to tell you- that trip money was the best money I ever spent to go anywhere-

and I have been 'reimbursed' hundreds of times by not only a parent's pride,but by seeing and meeting many of the men and women that day who stood on our watch.And many of them still do.Thank God.

Edited by Berta

Tammy, how much money would it take to make it possibe for you to go see your son graduate Basic??? I was thinking if it wasn't too much I might send it to you but then again, you are 100% and have a good income, also?? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

pr

Dear Peter,

I hope I didn't sound like I was out there fishy for money so I could attend my son's graduation. That would be the last thing I would do on this website, we are all here trying to help people get money that is owned to them for all they did while serving our Country. The last thing I would want anyone to think was that I was pan handling. I am not concerned about the amount of money you get...and I hope you wouln't take my inventory and how much we recieve....You have no idea what my finiances are as I have no need to know yours. So, please if you had planned on doing something from the kindness of your heart thats one thing but to make me feel so bad because I didn't attend because my husband you assumed is paid at 100% shouldn't of been in the equation, or in your statement. I am sorry if I misunderstood you statement but when I read it over and over the hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm really got to me. I really am a very kind person but sometimes things hurt my feelings and that just happen to be one of them. I am very proud of my Son regardless.

Thank you