Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Visit To Pvt Md

Rate this question

Toposurveyor

Question

I'm not sure if this is a relevant question here!

At the request of my VA NP, I visited my local Dr,a week ago today, to update him on my DMII and the PN. He was pleased that I took the time to give him this info. We also talked about a continuing tremor evident in my hands and recent palpitations ( as I called them). He felt sure that the tremors were not Parkinsons. He had me hold my arms out, then touch each finger with the thumb of each hand and he remarked of some mild difficulty with this. In his notes that I obtained today he refers to "Dupuytren's contracture" in my rt hand. I looked this up on WebMD. I am interested in finding if this has anything to do with my DMII. The web site only discussed concerns with surgery for those with diabetes.

For the palpitations, I wore a Holter monitor starting the next day for 24 hrs. Of course that turned out to be a day that I had few events. The report said that everything was okay except that I have an occasional extra beat of the heart. I still have some concerns.

He had an A1c done the day of my visit and it was 6.2. He also noted that my average blood sugar was 132.

I would appreciate any thoughts anyone might have on this.

I am considering making an appt. with my VA provider to discuss this.

Thanks to you all.

Ed

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Are you service connected for DMII and PN? If you are your private doctor should try and connect the other secondary conditions to DMII. This is what will get you SC'ed. Either your VA doc or private doctor has to write an opinion for you to back up any secondary condition due to DMII. Without a medical opinion you won't get anywhere on secondary conditions. Somewhere in your medical records a doctor will have to say in black and white that the other conditions you are worried about are secondary to DmII. Then you file a claim for an increase in your DMII rating.

• HadIt.com Elder

A quick web search disclosed that Dupuytren's contracture can be caused by diabetes, as well as other tining. It's basically the formation of scar tissue under the skin. I used the search opton in IE, which on my PC, is not limited to Yahoo.

The A1C and Glucose #s arn't awfully bad, just not good either.

Ideally, the A1C should be below 6 if at all possible. And the blood Glucose closer to 100 than the present 132.

I'm not sure if this is a relevant question here!

At the request of my VA NP, I visited my local Dr,a week ago today, to update him on my DMII and the PN. He was pleased that I took the time to give him this info. We also talked about a continuing tremor evident in my hands and recent palpitations ( as I called them). He felt sure that the tremors were not Parkinsons. He had me hold my arms out, then touch each finger with the thumb of each hand and he remarked of some mild difficulty with this. In his notes that I obtained today he refers to "Dupuytren's contracture" in my rt hand. I looked this up on WebMD. I am interested in finding if this has anything to do with my DMII. The web site only discussed concerns with surgery for those with diabetes.

For the palpitations, I wore a Holter monitor starting the next day for 24 hrs. Of course that turned out to be a day that I had few events. The report said that everything was okay except that I have an occasional extra beat of the heart. I still have some concerns.

He had an A1c done the day of my visit and it was 6.2. He also noted that my average blood sugar was 132.

I would appreciate any thoughts anyone might have on this.

I am considering making an appt. with my VA provider to discuss this.

Thanks to you all.

Ed

john999,

Yes, I am SC for DMII & PN to both lower extremities. The interesting thing about the contracture is that my MD did not mention this during the exam. I only found out about it after I got a copy of his clinic notes. The SC for PN started with an "abnormal" result from my VA provider after a monofilimant test on my feet noted in the Progress Notes and the c&p Dr agreeing to the progression of PN.

Chuck75,

I understand the A1c is not too bad, but it is up from 5.9 last Oct '06. It has been as high as 6.7 a year ago in May '06. The main thing in my estimation making the avg. BS readings high is the high numbers that I get in the AM after I get up, on occasion as high as 150.

Thanks for your comments.

Ed