Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nod Denied

Rate this question

noelmc

Question

My husband I have been reading this board since Oct 7th (we joined Nov 06). And have learned so much information. We have followed the ideas and advice from here with some success and am grateful for all the wonderful people that dedicate so much of their time and energy to help other vets. Thank you.

My husband is a Vietnam Vet and when we were at friends funeral (he was a Vietnam Vetage 59) his widow informed us of the Va's benefits and encouraged us to file. Most importantly she brought us to Hadit.

My husband filed Oct 13th. We were notified on Feb.21 by his SO that he was awarded 60%.

20% Diabetes

20% neuropathy legs bil (10 for each)

20% neuropathy hands bil (10 for each)

10% tinnitus

special k award.

Was denied for heart, hypertension.

We requested a reconsideration because they did not look at his Insulin usage or regulation of activities.

We received a letter giving us the option of an appeal or a DRO.

March 29th we opted for the DRO.

April 17th we received a denial for his heart and htn but they did up his DM11 to 40%.

We are very grateful for this and can't believe how fast it has happened. We do believe this was because of the information you have on this board.

We are surprised and disappointed regarding the denial for the heart and htn. We are unsure of how to proceed to connect the heart and htn. We thought we had given them enough information to connect to the DM. The so has been helpful but we have provided him with a ton information gleaned from this board.

My husband could no longer do the work his job required so he was forced to retire early (5 years ago).

Our question is where do we go from here?

Thanks again for everything you do for so many.

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question