Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Varo Morning Reports

Rate this question

Berta

Question

The latest RO weekly workload Report (Morning Reports) attached

seems to show a great disparity in where the pre -discharge claims are going.

Does anyone know why this could be happening? are these ROs closest to the base where the pre discharge service person is filing the claim?

As of last week 9364 predischarge claims were filed with ROs

My RO Buffalo got 20 of them.Winston Salem got 2493 of them.

I cannot understand that disparaity- and also-

how can the VA say these predischarge claims (new vets-Iraq predominantly)

are holding up all claims at all ROs?

Morning_Reports_VA.xls

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I would hate to have a claim at Winston Salem RO. The VA are chronic liars. I have not really seen much evidence that the VA has changed all that much at the RO's but I have noticed improvement at the VAMC in Dallas.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Good Morning pete53 and Berta,My claim was brokered to Togus Maine on Jan 11th from Pittsburgh for rating and final desision. By looking and reading this latest report how does it look for me to coming close for my desision? Sorry but I can't understand the format.

Thankyou and god bless, mrstix

It certainly would look like they have designated certain ROs to handle pre-discharge claims.

This could be a "good thing" IF they had certain ROs that recieved special training to specifically handle the bulk of the claims coming in now -- and the unique circumstances involved (so they wouldn't be getting the cut and paste" "Your records do not indicate you served in Vietnam..."

I guess the VA can say these claims are holding up the processing of claims for the same reason they say a lot of things -- It sounds good to them -- and people are still pushing that we need to support the vets from THIS war -- So it can make them look good that they are --

Free

The latest RO weekly workload Report (Morning Reports) attached

seems to show a great disparity in where the pre -discharge claims are going.

Does anyone know why this could be happening? are these ROs closest to the base where the pre discharge service person is filing the claim?

As of last week 9364 predischarge claims were filed with ROs

My RO Buffalo got 20 of them.Winston Salem got 2493 of them.

I cannot understand that disparaity- and also-

how can the VA say these predischarge claims (new vets-Iraq predominantly)

are holding up all claims at all ROs?

Think Outside the Box!

Their claims that current returning vet claims are holding up they system is total bullcrap. This new claims should be adjudicated in less that 45-60 days as 99 percent of them are for combat injuries. Either it happened or it did not. However, I have seen denials for actual loss of hands and feet so the VA is up to its old games even with the new returning veterans. How can they say that a guy just released from the hospital with an amputation is not service connected? That is how the new claims are slowing the process. It is not the claims it is the VA.

I do not know the amount of new claims but I do know that as we go along there will be several hunderd thousands of claims on top of the 600 thousand now in the works. If VA continues to do it to the pooch as they currently do then yep we are going to have a real problem.

If they would just do their job most of the problems would go away. In denials an hour spent on developing a SOC that meets the requirements of the law could save years of appeals. If you don't have the evidence required then say so and provide what would be needed for the claim to be successful. That is simple and takes just a little bit of time. Just my honest opinion.

I COMPLETELY AGREE!

It IS bullcrap- even if every RO got say 100 claims a week from predischarged or new vets from GWOT and Iraq- how long would it take to make decisions? Their SMRs are fresh as well as their discharge certs-they haven't accumulated stacks of VA med recs yet-

we are talking about no brainer comp awards to obvious service disabled veterans-

You said it all:

"If they would just do their job most of the problems would go away. In denials an hour spent on developing a SOC that meets the requirements of the law could save years of appeals. If you don't have the evidence required then say so and provide what would be needed for the claim to be successful. That is simple and takes just a little bit of time"

This was the PURPOSE of the VCAA!

I have been very vocal in writing to anyone who will listen that the VCAA is perfect but the ROs do not comply with it.

We are being discriminated against-

As the BVA web site and their recent report reveals-

Some claims get legal VCAA letters and some dont-

some vet reps focus on the VCAA because it is more detailed than the SOC as to what the vet needs to send them-

but some vet reps just say what the hell- I wont have to work this claim since VA failed to comply-and if I dont tell the vet or question the RO-this claim will be tied up for years at the BVA only to be remanded again to the RO for a re-do-

and I dont get paid for claim successes -I get paid just to show up at work as a vet rep.

I want to determine who decides who gets into each stack--

at the RO level-

and what vet orgs are allowing this to occur.

I am hot on the tail of my state vet org for their remands due to this violation.

I can only focus on them-I am considering publishing letters in every newspaper in the state of NY -

then again I have been writing to all state officials- to get at least one state vet org to stop this practice--

how many veterans would even know what the real VCAA letter is supposed to be?

But their reps are supposed to know-

The Director of my POA had the nerve to tell me I got a legal VCAA letter-

the proof in my files reveals he is completley wrong-

I had to send NYSDVA the law on the VCAA.

Vets have to be aware of these VCAA violations-

but it is the rep who should question them not the veteran-

The VCAA has caused the biggest scam in my opinion since the VA withheld AO comp (millions)from AO vets under the Nehmer court order and NVLSP had to go in and get their money for them.

This VCAA scam involves more than AO vets-

The BVA web site reveals what I mean and their public decisions and recent report revealed the documented evidence of this continuous VARO scam.

The data theft is nothing-this is a theft of our basic Duty To Assist Rights.

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.