• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    MouldyJoe

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Berta; I am typing up on letter as we speak to my congressman and I just noticed that there are issues with the C&P exams done back in July 2013.  Can you look at them attached in my original post?  I want to point out to you the feet C&P exam and the ankle C&P exam. During my claim process I had two C&P exams.  In July 2013 I had a C&P Exam for feet and ankles.  During that exam I supplied two DBQ’s that were filled out by my private Podiatrist Dr. James Hurst.  Those DBQ's were solid and my Podiatrist stated my diagnoses for all my issues were while I was in-service.  The C&P examiner Dr. Tesfaye Tetemke stated in the remarks section on BOTH C&P exams for feet and ankles, stated there is “for claimants condition of right foot condition, there is no diagnose because the claimant does not claim the condition”.  This is an error because my original claim of May 2013 states ankle and foot conditions.  He goes on to say that the Left Foot and Left Toe Condition on Left foot, the diagnose is already noted in the diagnose section.  He noted under diagnoses the morton’s neuroma as of 1992, he noted avulsion fracture of the RT 5th metatarsal as of 6/23/2013.  This is incorrect!    He then did a C&P exam for ankle conditions.  He then puts in the diagnoses section, right ankle sprain, 1993 for both, right 5th metatarsal fracture, 1993, left ankle synovitis, 1992.  The fracture he states as of 1993 here but states it as 2013 in above C&P exam.  He clearly made errors here!  He goes on to say in remarks that the right and left ankle conditions are noted in the diagnoses area. This should have warranted me a new C&P exam right? Furthermore, the DRO Steve Wilbur stated,  “ We have opinions relating this condition to falls in the military and also falls related to your service-connected left ankle condition after service.  Both opinions lack a rationale sufficient to support a grant of service.”  The two rationales he is referring to be the letters from my VA Podiatrist indicating my contentions were in fact service related.  This in it’s self should have warranted me a new exam!  The one letter is attached for your review.
    • We have a great benefit in Utah, based on what percentage your disability is.  However, I am struggling with my deed in both my spouse and my name so I only get 50% of my benefit since my spouse is not disabled.  Any thoughts on how to fix this?   
    • yes navy4 do as Ms berta suggested    ''The CUE would be a violation of 38 CFR 4.6. You could attach copies of the SMRs with the probative parts highlighted with a magic marker, to support the CUE claim''.  

jhman

Ptsd Psych Evaluation

10 posts in this topic

Hello, My VA doctor is scheduling me a ptsd psych evaluation soon, does anyone one know if this is I would be rated for ptsd if I have it during this eval?

Is the VBA sending your for a PTSD C&P exam or is this something your VA doctor is doing? Have you filed a claim for PTSD? Unless you file a claim for PTSD this exam is not going to result in a rating for PTSD.

Oh, Yes this is the just my VA doctor and no I have not filed a claim. Currently I am sc for airborne injuries in military. I took this test on the myvet web site because of so much of the things I have dealt with for years and it referred me to contact my doctor for further eval. I never knew about this PTSD until the recent exposure of more vets coming out with problems from war. Gues Ill wait and see what my eval says, not sure about claim? Thank you!!

Is the VBA sending your for a PTSD C&P exam or is this something your VA doctor is doing? Have you filed a claim for PTSD? Unless you file a claim for PTSD this exam is not going to result in a rating for PTSD.

it sounds like your primary care doc is referring you to mental health and they will be the ones to determine if you have PTSD or not, it is not normally done in one visit I spent 4 months in the PTSD determination team taking tests and doing interviews with shrinks and PHDs and the resident did several of those computer type tests before they made the diagnosis of PTSD only then did I file the claim with the Regional office some will say file the claim and by the time the C&P gets scheduled you will have your diagnosis

Thank you testvet! That helps me alot!

it sounds like your primary care doc is referring you to mental health and they will be the ones to determine if you have PTSD or not, it is not normally done in one visit I spent 4 months in the PTSD determination team taking tests and doing interviews with shrinks and PHDs and the resident did several of those computer type tests before they made the diagnosis of PTSD only then did I file the claim with the Regional office some will say file the claim and by the time the C&P gets scheduled you will have your diagnosis

If your questionaire answers leads more towards a possible diagnosis of PTSD then put in a claim for it. If the Psych Dr gives you this Diagnosis and you have a nexus/contributing factors that signify this is you are one step ahead. So if you have the problems, and the diag, and the Dr wants repeated counseling you have your claim in to see if it warrants a granted % award. Put the claim in especially if your doc is setting you up for an exam for it. Be early rather than late.