VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Smc For Hysterectomy/ovaries Removed, But...?

Rate this topic

You have to figure it out. You will get a check or deposit for "one money". Your RO decision will state your eligibility, or lack of it for things like SMC, dependents, etc. All those things affect your check.

I dont think there is anything "special" about hysterectomies. They are like other claims, where you must have 3 things:

1. A current diagnosis. There is no benefits paid for an old wartime injury, if you have no symptoms from it.

2. An inservice event that caused or exacterbated your illness or injury.

3. A nexus between the two, made by a medical professional who opines, "your xxxx condition or diagnosis, is at least as likely as not due to ....

which happened in military service.

I was active duty when this happened & had my uterus/ovaries removed due to Endometriosis, so the loss of the ovaries (loss of a creative organ) earn SMC + 50% disability for uterus/both ovaries/fallopian tubes being removed. Just talked to a girl I know who gets that for the same exact reasons. She's been retired 2 years. If I would have known she had that, I would have just asked her...

Dast I suggest that the following statement is not necessarily correct? Dast I suffer the possibility of incurring warning points for countervailing someone?

No, unless it was done during active duty.

Please go back to your first day of RVSR training and look at 38 CFR 3.303 again. While paragraphs (a), (b) and (d) are overtly applicable, I see where paragraph (c ) might have some application here. It kinda depends on the evidence, don'ja think?

On another note, my husband and I were just joking about being a VA rater, so we can help clear the backlog. IMNSHO, it requires two years or so of supervised training to become an adequate RVSR. Unfortunately, due to the start of the Benefits Delivery at Discharge (BDD) program, the Fully Developed Claim (FDC) program, and the influx of additional claims, RVSRs are being let loose upon the world after (sometimes) only 6 months. And I like the part , "joking about being a VA rater" , because it is all so easy ... until you have to do it yourself.

We're both looking for jobs, especially GS jobs & we've both spent our entire career in the medical field as med techs/EMTs, so we know all about medical conditions, etc. So, actually this will place you in a position where you would be tempted to make your own diagnoses and create your own nexuses. Don't argue or say you won't ... medical and nursing personnel always do this to some extent.

The only difference between me and a lot of the VA rating reps, is I would never try to screw the veterans out of their well deserved $$. Yeah, I've heard that before. FWIW, you might be surprised at the number of veterans, and disabled veterans at that, who currently work on your claims.

They need more vets in those jobs (OBVIOUSLY) since we wouldn't want to BS another vet (at least most of us wouldn't). As above, there are a lot of veterans who are VSRs and RVSRs. Unfortunately, they also know how veterans might BS or con the VA. Now, I'll never say that any veteran lies about their claim or condition .. but I will say that some veterans might be somewhat confused about the exact circumstances and facts of their service.

These idiots also rated me 0% for a hysterectomy SCAR, but did not even mention the actual surgery, let alone rate me!! I knew for a fact that that surgery was 50%. I just submitted my NOD on Monday for that and a couple of other things. Although I can envision several scenarios in which this might happen, I cannot attempt to explain or justify that, as this likely was a BDD claim. Though, I do feel the truncated training cycle may be a contributing factor.

And, until you've been there yourself, I'd appreciate cutting back on the 'idiot' appellation. Under your logic, when a veteran submits an altered (falsified) DD Form 214, does that lead to the conclusion that all veterans are crooks?

Here's another good one. I was deferred for high blood pressure, even though it's clearly documented in my record for over 16 years & I have been on BP meds the entire time. On Monday, I have to drive 1 1/2hrs away for a VA C&P for that. Here's the kicker: How in the world are they going to see if I have high BP, since I am on BP meds to control it???? It appears that neither diagnosis nor service connection is the issue here but the level of disability that needs to be documented. For why, please review the criteria for DC 7101. Please read it for what the criteria actually state and not for what you want it to say.

Thanks everyone! Jvretiredvet, the thought had also crossed my mind about being able to get a tubal reversal if they said anything about that. I was only 36 when I had my TAH/BSO, so I was not menopausal. Also having to take hormones everyday does suck!

On another note, my husband and I were just joking about being a VA rater, so we can help clear the backlog. We're both looking for jobs, especially GS jobs & we've both spent our entire career in the medical field as med techs/EMTs, so we know all about medical conditions, etc. The only difference between me and a lot of the VA rating reps, is I would never try to screw the veterans out of their well deserved $$. They need more vets in those jobs (OBVIOUSLY) since we wouldn't want to BS another vet (at least most of us wouldn't).

These idiots also rated me 0% for a hysterectomy SCAR, but did not even mention the actual surgery, let alone rate me!! I knew for a fact that that surgery was 50%. I just submitted my NOD on Monday for that and a couple of other things. Here's another good one. I was deferred for high blood pressure, even though it's clearly documented in my record for over 16 years & I have been on BP meds the entire time. On Monday, I have to drive 1 1/2hrs away for a VA C&P for that. Here's the kicker: How in the world are they going to see if I have high BP, since I am on BP meds to control it????