Erectile Dysfunction

3 posts in this topic

I put in a FDC on 1/2/13 for ED secondary to my PTSD and medication given me over four. My VA doctor in urology confirmed this on 7/10/12 and posted on my progress notes at Tampa VA. MY question is what date do they use to retro my pay, is it 1/2/13 or 7/10/12????? I was approved 0% and awarded SMC-K at 100.00. I was told this by my VSO. On my FDC the only dates I used for claim was 1/2/13 because I thought they would automatically go back to that date. I had a C&P on 3/13/13 and doctor did confirm cause of ED medication. VA put me on these medications on 1/5/99. Can any one let me know if they will automatically go back to 1/5/99 or 7/10/12. ?????

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

They generally go back to the date you first filed the claim. On rare occasions they can go back further, like if there were notes in your medical records about ED problems earlier, but it almost never happens. jmo


Edited by Philip Rogers

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guy I thought so.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now





  • Topics

  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
    • Most Online

    Newest Member
  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Posts

    • I'm sorry, I'm new and trying to find answers.  DIC in medical terms is death is coming.  It was in my husband's medical file that I had to go through to find out who messed up.   It's just hard to see that and not remember the mess in the hospital room. 
    • If you submit a claim for your Back it has to be service connected for compensation..So you will need medical records of in service treatment to your Back while in military,private or VA, from disease or injury ect,,ect,, OR seek IMO and get a specialist Opinion to link it to your military service  b/c what you have now is 80% service connected with the bouncing Betty that hit your brain  would not cause the problem in your back  Unless  from the Bouncing Betty....shrapnel hitting your back/neck for the relationship  to your Back Injury If you feel you have some  claims now  by all means yes file claims for them or File Intent to file( ITF)  so you can start your EED  (early effective Date) You will have one year from the date you file the ITF from the date you submit it, but you need to submit it...this gives you time to gather up medical evidence for your claims ,see what I mean? yes start medical treatment ASAP & Request all your military medical records as well as  all your STR'S service treatment Records and your C-FILE. DO THIS LIKE YESTERDAY! other members please chime in
    • I need to see if he will fill out a nexus statement, I have never had anything like that done from a civilian doctor so will need to do my research for sure.  I am almost at the point of not driving, I drive very rarely and only when I am having a very good day.  I rarely leave my house without my husband so it isn't necessary in most cases.   I have days that are so bad I can't do anything for myself, nothing.......and we have small children still so we have a Disney trip planned in December and I told my husband I don't care if you have to put me in a wheelchair, we are going.  They are the ones I feel bad for, with all of my sc crap they really do get screwed. 
    • Just realized that they claim in the decision letter to have sent me a letter "providing duty to assist requirements and requesting completion of release form for treatment records."  Is that statement going to kill this CUE? didn't actually see a letter in my file asking for a release, just asking if I want to submit anymore evidence.  Unfortunalelty I don't have the file where I can look at it, the DAV had access to it.
    • Well I found my dependent spouse medical records and have sent for them.  Now I don't know if anyone else on this site has had a problem locating medical records such as these and if you have I will post the address of where those records are if the are in fact archived military medical records!!!  Seems everyone involved in my case absolutely had NO IDEA  where to locate those types of records and suggested i contact the original base.  And when I said that base and command no longer exists, take a guess at that response?  Shrugged shoulders!!! Yup No help at all.  Just kind of a Too bad guess you can't use those VERY IMPORTANT MEDICAL RECORDS!!  And they were in the same place as my Military service and medical records were!!  The National Personnel Records Center, Military Personnel Records. In ST Louis MO.   NO Your kidding!!!!   So here is the address if anyone needs those Medical Records.  You can contact them by this phone number they will email you the form that has to be filled out and sent.  The number is 314-801-0800 just listen to the prompts.  Once you get the form it will have this address on it.   National Personnel Records Center
      Military Personnel Records
      1 Archives Drive
      St. Louis, MO 63138-1002 Well I do hope this information helps someone!!!!