Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

mistake on claim for PTSD and IU

Rate this question

DD0351

Question

when my app in for IU they made a mistake and put me in for an increase for PTSD but i never put in for an increase, so how do i get them to remove the increase because they want to set up another appt for the ptsd increase but im already at 70% and i don't wanna try to increase it, just wanna try and get IU since i was asked to resign from my job

DD,

That is just how the process works. The VA makes you go back in and that is whether the C&P Doc states that you are the same or have gotten worse without improvement, and that is when IU is awarded. I was made 100% Temporary in late 2013. Then last summer the VA reviewed all of my Conditions early and I had to do a long PTSD review as well. Those conditions popped up on Ebenefits as a New Claim for Increase, which is how the VA list those Reviews. Then I went to the Exams, and a few months later VA made me 100% Permanent with no future exams. I know that you do not want to go in for a C&P, but you have to remember, what if you put in for IU, but in fact VA says that you have not been Seeking Treatment at the VA or Taking Meds, or you go to Work, then instead of Granted IU, the VA would in fact lower your current 70% PTSD. Sorry Bud, but just part of the Process, nothing Specially bad or out of the way as far as the VA goes. Good luck and keep us posted.

On January 6, 2016 at 11:12 AM, Navy04 said:

DD,

That is just how the process works. The VA makes you go back in and that is whether the C&P Doc states that you are the same or have gotten worse without improvement, and that is when IU is awarded. I was made 100% Temporary in late 2013. Then last summer the VA reviewed all of my Conditions early and I had to do a long PTSD review as well. Those conditions popped up on Ebenefits as a New Claim for Increase, which is how the VA list those Reviews. Then I went to the Exams, and a few months later VA made me 100% Permanent with no future exams. I know that you do not want to go in for a C&P, but you have to remember, what if you put in for IU, but in fact VA says that you have not been Seeking Treatment at the VA or Taking Meds, or you go to Work, then instead of Granted IU, the VA would in fact lower your current 70% PTSD. Sorry Bud, but just part of the Process, nothing Specially bad or out of the way as far as the VA goes. Good luck and keep us posted.

Well I called Peggy as they said. I talked to them and they wrote a letter to whom ever and now the increase for PTSD on ebenefits is removed.  But I still do have an apt for PTSD eval, but by me calling did I ruin something because they removed it from my ebenefits thanks