VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim granted 60%, TDIU p&t

Rate this topic

labrat

I recently joined the forum though I've been reading it for awhile but was afraid to join before my claim was approved. 

I got a call from the local VA office the day after Thanksgiving and was told that my claim was done and I'd be getting a large deposit into my bank account.  This was from my initial claim from 2009 for CFS which was approved at the BVA.  I did hire a lawyer but didn't think I had much chance of even getting service connected due to the length of time I'd been out of service and the issue - CFS related to vaccines I was given for my laboratory research position while in service. 

I did have a nexus letter from a private doctor and two letters that my VA neurologist wrote (for private disability) that said I could only work 3-4 hours per day due to my cfs.  My C and P was very favorable also.   The C and P dr had done her homework, reading my files and the statement for TDIU that I'd sent to the lawyer days before the C and P exam.  She even did the correct dbq (for CFS) when the paperwork requested the wrong infectious disease dbq.  Just wanted to share my story of a successful claim to give others hope for positive outcomes too.    Tracy

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use