VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Exam

Rate this question

brewski64

Question

I’m somewhat confused. Back in July I had opened a new claim and yesterday I received a phone call from the VA Hospital in Columbia, Mo and was told that I have a C&P Exam appointment scheduled on 17 Nov and that I do NOT have to be there for that appointment? Has this ever happened to anyone and should I be concerned?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

What was the claim for?  what disability was the exam for?  Do you have a VSO?

This concerns me. This AM about 6:15 on Fox news they said thousands of  vets are still waiting for appointments over 30 days at VA and then said some appointments had been cancelled by the VA.......

(like in the last appointment scandal).....

I assumed they meant initial VA appts? but  not sure.....

It is possible they (VA) have all they need to decide your claim,such as nexus established and very recent exams...... but I sure would not put any money on that.

If you filed in July-of this year, I can hardly think they even obtained your SMRs and all med records yet.

Why not ask IRIS what is what.

Go to www.va.gov and click on the Contact Us thing,and then on Ask a question.You will be directed to IRIS. Ask IRIS for an email reply so they cant make something up by phone.

Something seems wrong here.

• HadIt.com Elder

The only thing about not being there for your C&P is they only go by medical records and look at them close to file a report to the VA Raters.  are you bedridden? or incapacitated in any way?

This seems unfair in my opinion. veterans need to be at their C&P I would think.

What if they don't look at all the records  or Records Pertinent to your claim.

3 hours ago, Berta said:

What was the claim for?  what disability was the exam for?  Do you have a VSO?

This concerns me. This AM about 6:15 on Fox news they said thousands of  vets are still waiting for appointments over 30 days at VA and then said some appointments had been cancelled by the VA.......

(like in the last appointment scandal).....

I assumed they meant initial VA appts? but  not sure.....

It is possible they (VA) have all they need to decide your claim,such as nexus established and very recent exams...... but I sure would not put any money on that.

If you filed in July-of this year, I can hardly think they even obtained your SMRs and all med records yet.

Why not ask IRIS what is what.

Go to www.va.gov and click on the Contact Us thing,and then on Ask a question.You will be directed to IRIS. Ask IRIS for an email reply so they cant make something up by phone.

Something seems wrong here.

Yes I do have a VSO, called him yesterday and left a message.  The claim was for Sleep Apnea  (SEC).

Edited by brewski64

2 hours ago, Buck52 said:

The only thing about not being there for your C&P is they only go by medical records and look at them close to file a report to the VA Raters.  are you bedridden? or incapacitated in any way?

This seems unfair in my opinion. veterans need to be at their C&P I would think.

What if they don't look at all the records  or Records Pertinent to your claim.

All supporting documents was sent with new claim for Sleep Apnea  (SEC). No I'm not bedridden or incapacitated. I did contact my VSO yesterday and left a message.

• HadIt.com Elder

Above post error

They are suppose to file a report to the Rating Dept after viewing all your records of evidence. (not close) sorry bout that

I f you have enough probative (EXCELLENT EVIDENCE) and every thing is lined up so-to -speak

They will go ahead and rate you  without a C&P.

If you disagree with the rating % you can file NOD within 1 year of the Decision.