VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Concurrent Receipt of Retirement Pay and Disability Compensation for Disabled Veterans?

Rate this question

Navyguy2013

Question

Concurrent Receipt of Retirement Pay and Disability Compensation for Disabled Veterans?

I served 24 years in the Military and I am currently receiving military retirement pay.

I am not currently receiving any VA compensation. I am still battling the VA, (4 years since my retirement).

I finally got a VA Lawyer to look into my VA Claim (Keith Snyder). He warned me that if I do receive anything for my VA claim, I may have to reduce my retirement pay by the same amount to receive the VA compensation pay. He said the VA payment had to be offset by the reduction in retirement pay.

Does anyone know how to explain the current rules and or laws for Concurrent Receipt of Retirement Pay and Disability Compensation for Disabled Veterans?

Thank you!

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

This link, it is maybe half way into the discussion, contains the links to CRDP and CRSC info.

The one from Military.com is usually the easiest one to decifer

We have had many discussions on these benefits and some CRDPers and CRSCers are members here as well.Your lawyer is correct to an extent....I never heard of him but hope he is a NOVA vet lawyer.

Your claim has been in for 4 years by now? maybe we can help with that.

Can you scan and attach here the last VA denial you got as to their Reasons and Basis part? (Cover C file # prior to scanning it.

And thank you for such a long career serving the great US of A!

If the VBA says that you were scheduled for an exam and it was mailed to your proper address, then the rule of regularity comes in to play. The rule of regularity says that the USPS is dependable and delivers the mail with regularity. if you contend that you did not get your mail, it is up to you, somehow, to prove it. ???????????

However, you can just state that you forgot, and beg for forgiveness, you don't have to prove that one..

• HadIt.com Elder

Ain't that the truth James...

I would just request reconsideration for another C&P FROM the C&P Dept Chief at the comp& pen office.

Also check your e benefits account for ANY INFORMATION LIKE THIS. check at least 2 or three times a week   especially if you know they are going be scheduling you one? or call the 1-800 # These C&P 's are some times hard to get them  to schedule ya one...but its a good chance in getting your claim approved.