Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Discharge By Reason Of Unsuitability.

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Just me again and thanks so much for your help.

I have the original paper signed by the Personnel Officer and also signed by me and dated - ( this paper is not in my administrative records and was introduced into the BVA as administrative records never acquired by Va.

21-May 64:

Discharged with HONORABLE DISCHARGE by reason of unsuitability.

Is not recommended for reenlistment. AUTH: BuPers Manual.

Article C-10310 and BuPers 1tr Pers- 321-TS-ksc dated 14 April 1964.

Honorable discharge Certificate ( DD 256N0 and Button, Certificate of Service Card (DD 217N), and Armed forces of the United States Report of Transfer of Discharge ( DD 214) issued.

Signed by Lt. K and Myself and dated.

Can the commanding Officer sneak around and give me a code 460 of Emotional Instability Reaction without my knowledge on my DD - 214 ?

I know that he did it, but, does it hold up ?

I know that there is a separate spin code for Unsuitability and why don't I have that one on my DD-214?

Why wouldn't there a copy of the above sheet in my administrative records from the archives.

Thanks so much,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I have the original paper signed by the Personnel Officer and also signed by me and dated - ( this paper is not in my administrative records and was introduced into the BVA as administrative records never acquired by Va.

21-May 64:

Honorable discharge Certificate ( DD 256N0 and Button, Certificate of Service Card (DD 217N), and Armed forces of the United States Report of Transfer of Discharge ( DD 214) issued.

Can the commanding Officer sneak around and give me a code 460 of Emotional Instability Reaction without my knowledge on my DD - 214 ?

I know that there is a separate spin code for Unsuitability and why don't I have that one on my DD-214?

Why wouldn't there a copy of the above sheet in my administrative records from the archives.

Thanks so much,

Josephine

I think SPN codes were found to be illegal, back in the 70's, because they were arbitrary.

pr

• HadIt.com Elder
I think SPN codes were found to be illegal, back in the 70's, because they were arbitrary.

pr

Phillip,

This took place in 1964.

The spin codes are for the pits!

Thanks,

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder
Phillip,

This took place in 1964.

The spin codes are for the pits!

Thanks,

Josephine

Josephine - I know when it took place. They continued SPN codes until late 60's, early 70's, when I think they were found illegal and must be stricken from the records. I think they veteran has to request their removal.

pr

• HadIt.com Elder
Josephine - I know when it took place. They continued SPN codes until late 60's, early 70's, when I think they were found illegal and must be stricken from the records. I think they veteran has to request their removal.

pr

Phillip,

If you have it removed from your discharge, can the Va. use it against you for service connected benefits?

The Va is using the spin code of emotional instability as my reason for discharge.

They are not considering the paper that I signed Unsuitability.

Thanks,

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

pr

Looks like I'm in error. I did a little checking and apparently they still use them (from what I can find) but you can have them removed from the DD214, so the public doesn't see them. Sorry for the error.

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

21-May 64:

Thanks so much,

Josephine

Phillip,

No problem.

Have a good one!!

Josephine

Edited by Josephine