VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

I still have two issues I've never filed for on top of two pending appeals. Do I keep going now I'm 100 TDIU it's for a broken pelvis and a back injury of the T3 and T4 that still calls me strain? I know it could open a can for rescheduled exams I'm not worried nothing has changed that would give me a lesser outcome I have had 3 exams for my TBI all three 70 since 2010 memory will never come back fully. How long until it's considered permanent even though my doctor says it is after seeing my MRI. Is requesting a permanent TDIU rating ok?

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Do you have SMC "S"?  If not then file for those claims.  They sound pretty serious to me.  I don't know how old you are but imagine those injuries when you are 70 years old.  Will you be able to walk?  Any disability that may affect your life in the years to come should be claimed IMO.  I have had TDIU for 15 years.  During that time I have made 8 claims and no blow back at all.   I am getting about $450 a month extra due to my claims after TDIU including P&T which I had to claim an appeal to get.  I had to file a claim to get housebound even though I had statutory right to it.  VA called CUE on themselves and granted housebound for me.  You must claim it or you get nothing. With a backlog of thousands of new claims I don't think they have manpower to re-examine every claimant who makes a claim for increase.