VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Do VA accredited attorneys have access to the Virtual VA system?

Rate this question

63Charlie

Question

I'm aware that veterans service orgs. can access this system, but not sure about a private VA accredited attorney.

14 hours ago, asknod said:

Not all VA attys. opt in to this system. I was going to until I saw the mountain of paperwork and the annual recertification. It requires a separate computer at home that isn't used like we do normally. You have to attend a "security school" at the VARO to do this. You have to go through annual recertification as well. It is time consuming and a lot of work to keep up to be legal. Smaller attorneys/agents opt out of it like me. If I want it, I send in a 3288 to the RMC via Janesville. I get them in about six weeks. To be anally correct, there are two different systems- VBMS and Virtual VA. All you get is access to read-only VBMS of your c-file in real time.

And for the record, the only representative that will lie to you is a VSO representative. We, as private attys/agents are officers of the court and required to serve only the Vet. We cannot accept any offer or settlement from a DRO without running it by the Vet. Period. Look at 38 CFR 14.628-.634. VA will tell you there is no such thing as off-the-record bartering. I've done it several times. Appeal for 10 things and then accept a deal for 4 and give up on the tinnitus, hemmorrhoids and flat feet in a trade for TDIU to 2008. VA raters get points for wrapping this crap up that drags on for a long time-especially appeals. VSOs settle for 0%.

With greedy attorneys or agents like me,  they assign a Asst. VSCM or asst. RO director to you who mainlines your requests. I filed POA March 20th for a Vietnam Vet for 100% rating for his heart on IHD. I got a call from the Vet Eval folks this AM at 9. They are expediting his C&P exam to next week. The squeaky wheel gets the fix pronto. The more obnoxious I get, the more they treat me nicely. 

Off to Texas for NOVA conference. 

Thank you so much sir. You rock.

On 4/12/2017 at 11:00 PM, asknod said:

And for the record, the only representative that will lie to you is a VSO representative. We, as private attys/agents are officers of the court and required to serve only the Vet.

LoL- There you have it- The lawyer points out that law shows lawyers are honest!

Sorry, couldn't pass that one up!