VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nerve Block Injections

Rate this topic

A couple months ago I had an MRI done. It said on the bottom of the results that I was going to be scheduled an appointment with a Neurologist a couple days ago I called the Neurologist department at the VA hospital here asking when that would be since I never herd from them, and never even got a letter with an appointment date. I was told over the phone that the docters looked at my results and recomended that I get nerve block injections. I have been refered to the cronic pain clinic where they are supposed to discuss the recomendation for the injections with me. I have mentioned it to docters in the past before and they all told me that I am to young for them I am 26, and have been told that they are bad for your bones and over time can eat away at your spine. My other concern is that I am a big baby when it comes to needles and injections. Has anyone out there gotten these injections before I am currently looking around to see the pro's and con's of this type of treatment. Do they actually work I have had cortizone shots in my foot before and it only lasted a week or two are the nerve block injections the same way. I would really like to get off the pain medication there are too many side affects and do not want to be put on methadone or morphine.

Any input would be great help thank you all for your help here

Jon.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The shots are not so bad have been getting them for the last 3 years not from VA but civilian doc. He does 3 shots of local injections over a period of 2 or 3 months to see if the Radio Frequency Denervation will work. I have had it on both sides Medial Branch Blocks. Has helped me stay off the heavy Narcs tramadol and darvacet is all I have to use now to control the pain. It does not hurt much long as your not looking. Just about like the Gamma globulin shots the corpsman gave you before deploying.

Boats

• HadIt.com Elder

Man it depeds on the location of he injection and the actual extent of nerve damage.

I had one done last month and I crashed during the procedure. ( I almost checked out)

It was not the procedure, it was just me.

I hope they do help as mine helped a litttle but not that much.

John