VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I'm Confused...

Rate this question

clw4514

Question

As I'm reading over all the posts, I see alot of you have made reference to the ratings changing over time. So, once you are initially rated for SCD, they can go back and change it? How often do you have to go thru this process? I'm applying for PTSD/MST. I honestly do not know how much I can take them trying to twist it around. i went thru that with AFOSI when I intially filed the report. Being a cop and accusing a cop does not make for fun psychological times....If they keep re-assessing things, I need to really consider if its worth my mental health....

thanks,

christy

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Christy, all of us here have a high anxiety level. What you need to ask yourself is do I want to be compensated for health issues that were brought on while being in the service. The bottom line is that anything to do with the VA claims, takes a lot of time, paperwork, gathering evidence, questions, follow up, never giving up, once you start. If you have a person from voc-rehab helping you on your claim, that may be a real plus for you. Best of luck to you.

T&B

good way of wording it....i guess i do have some soul searching to do over this issue. just thinking about the whole process gets my anxiety up. guess this would be a good time to try those "relaxation" methods they teach u! :unsure:

The VA is one of those things you just have to go with the flow on. Once you file your claim, you will receive a decision from the VA. Depending on what region you are working with this normally takes 6-12 months. Like someone said, the VA will normally low ball the amount of disability to see if you accept it or not. It is unfortunate, but that is how they are trained. It is their money and you are trying to take (fake) it. Once you are rated, if you accept what they rate you at, you get your monthly direct deposit and don't have to deal with the VA much at all. You may have to go in to your VA Medical Center for an annual physical, but some are so busy you don't even have to do that. If your condition worsens, then you file a claim for increase. good luck!

I'm in Memphis and I swear being treated here is a full time job! I am up there at least 2-3 times a week....Heaven forbid if and when I do get SCD, I'll be there every day :unsure: the voc rehab guy that is helping me said i could have the claim expedited or something to speed it up. Maybe the VA folks get a bonus if u accept the low ball amount. lol! thx for the guidance.