VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Trying To Understand Another C/p Exam

Rate this question

mac mcqueen

Question

Help from Cruser or anyone I'm kinda lost. Called the 800 number today and they stated that paperwork went out today for me to do another c/p exam. Let me see if I can give as much infoormation as I can. I am retired Air Force 27 years. I am SC for the following items:

Code 5237 Degenerative Disc Desease, Osteoarthritis, spinal canal Stenosis..........50%

Code 6260 Bilateral Tinnitus............10%

Code 6513 Sinusitis........................10%

Code 5299-5259 Chondromalacia Left Knee, Status post Arthrospoic Arthrotomy.............10%

Code 5257-5003 Chondromalacia Right Knee.............................................................10%

Combined Rating is 70% (combined factor of 1.9 % for diagnostic code 5259, 5003)

All of this was after my claim on my first back back surgery which was a simply lumbar hemilaminectomies L5-S1.

Then back in July of this year 09 i had another knee surgery to for a medial meniscus tear. it was noted on the surgery report that during the surgery it was seen the I had level three to four chondromalacia of the trochlear groove. Also 10 days later I had a Spinal Fusion of the L5-S1.

It was noted on the Post op report: L5-S1 herniated nucleus pulposus, L5-S1 instability, Severe mechanical back pain, Bilateral lower extremity radiclopathy, worse left than right, Bilateral lower extremity weakness, left leg worse than the right.

After the surgery I filed for an increase in the right leg, and Temporary Convalescence . Also filed for Temporary for the Back surgery. This was all filed in August of 09. i went to the VA hospital for the C/P and no problems. Then in Sept. They sent me a letter requesting another C/P this time for My Right Knee Chondromalacia, and requested paperwork for restless leg syndrome. I did the C/P and also sent paperwork from private doctor stating that due to my back problems that the restless leg syndrome was more than likley being caused by the radiclopathy. i also attached a letter from my wife stating that I have had problems with the restless leg a time dating back to 1985 when I was active dutiy. his is befor the even diagonis and name was being used. I sent all of this in. Now it is November and today I called the 800 number to check on the status and The guy stated that the computer said paperwork went out today requesting another C/P exam. He stated that he didn't know what the exam was for. Can any tell me what else they might want from me. Three exams seem alittle much to get a simple raise in the knee, and Convalescence. I had to use all of my sick leave and all of my vacation time and now My nero surgeon as of a week ago stated that the bones have shifted and I need another surgery to correct this. I have two teenagers in high school and a wife to support and I trying, but I can;t work much more. I will be lucky to make it to the end of the year. They have put me on a new med and It makes me out of it and to bee a high school teacher for AFJROTC, it hard to do almost anything. What could they want from me. I behind on my bills I just want to catch up. I'm 55 and just trying to make ends mee. Can anyone help me out. Ive seen others out there and this forum has really been good to use to figure out things. Cruser in your old job what could they want now?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I couldnt find this post when I tried to reply earlier and I answered your question up in Claims Research instead.

I know this is easier said than done, but try to relax. I was given three C & P exams for two issues before VA finally awarded my 100% service connection. I don't know why, my VA doctors had diagnosed me several times with the conditions but sometimes when you have a C&P exams the rater wants more information or a new questions comes up when they are rating your condition and before they process it they will ask for another C & P exam.

I found out today that I'm schedule next week for a EGM/Nerve Study test? I have no idea what its for either the restless leg syndrome or the pain and numbness in my legs. The nero surgeon stated last week that I have a bone that slipped before the bone fused and that could be the problem. He saied that he could do anything because I was too soon out of surgery. (2 months). If anyone has imformation on the test let me know. Do I take my meds or not . do I have to prepare. Nothing was said when they called and I didn't think to ask